After security patch update on october 1st my finger print sensor stopped working. If I register my fingerprint, once the screen goes off so does the phone... I cant even go into the lock screen option in setting as my phones turns off as soon as I enter my pattern. I've tried factory resetting and clearing cache but nothing seems to work.
Does this still happen when your phone is in safe mode?
Have you already tried wiping the cache partition of your device? 6
Here are the steps:
1. Turn off the device.
2. Press and hold the Volume Up key and the Bixby key, then press and hold the Power key.
3. When the Android logo displays, release all three keys.
4. An ‘Installing system update’ message will show for 30 – 60 seconds before the Android system recovery menu options appear.
5. Press the Volume down key several times to highlight wipe cache partition.
6. Press the Power key to select.
7. Press the Volume down key to highlight yes, them and press the Power key to select.
8. When the wipe cache partition is complete, Reboot system now is highlighted.
9. Press the Power key to restart the device.
@Samsung_JdlIlRX Can you please advise me of the troubleshooting steps you have tried as I don't want you to have to repeat them?