JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

S9 new update auto lock during games

(Topic created: 03-01-2019 02:45 PM)
userQ3sYfHgkRX
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones

I'm having a very very annoying problem with my S9 since this ui update... I used to play a game on my phone using an external controller due to better control and less strain. Now with this update my screen keeps constantly auto locking (which I have no lock on my phone) and making me tap this stupid icon in the middle of my screen and sliding it to keep the screen from shutting off. Why do y'all come up with literally the stupidest updates? Who needs a screen to timeout DURING A GAME! 

One unsatisfied customer.. 

Sierra-Ryley
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S Phones

That does nothing. Been swiping up like a mad woman and nothing appears....and am in game as well. I'm Playing that Pocket Camp, and get that lock screen when it sits too long....and really, that period isnt that long either.

0 Likes
userShRAqyI54r
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Wow that was driving me crazy and I thought i went thru all of the possible options in my phone. I was ready to switch to an and get a new XL Phone. Which if you couldn't tell isn't my first choice, it just shows how frustrated I was with the screen locking itself.

Thank you kind stranger.

0 Likes
userDpUHbASqnI
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones

I have the same freaking problem with my s10e I have tried the thing of screenlock of in the game launcher but I still have the same problem I have been a loyal client since the galaxy s7 

0 Likes
userO3HC32IZxu
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones

This.  Yes.  Thank you!

0 Likes
knightsurgeon
Neutron Star
Options
Galaxy S Phones

An Accepted Solution has been marked, and provided for this thread. The thread will now be locked for further replies. in hopes to keep the integrity of the thread from steering in a non-technical manner. We understand the solution marked may not be a solution for everyone, If you have a separate concern or question, feel free to Private message a moderator or post a new thread with additional details. Please note duplicate posts on similar subjects starting 2/1/21, will be removed in order to keep our community organized and make it easier for our users to find needed content. Remember that if you do make a new post, please include as many details about your symptoms as possible. Also, make sure that your title is a good summary of the overall situation that's occurring. Thank you for being part of the community!

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

0 Likes
userQApabQUsRu
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones

GOOD AFTERNOON, I HAVE THE SAME PROBLEM WITH MY S9 THAT MY SCREEN IS BLOCKED AFTER THE UPDATE AND I HAVE NOT BEEN ABLE TO RESOLVE THAT THEME IF SOMEONE IN THIS FORUM COULD HELP US THANK YOU THANK YOU.

0 Likes
userCCW698aGMP
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Read the previous answer

0 Likes
userDmUu9fw3yW
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Thank you so much.  I just got the phone today, and this was driving me nuts.

0 Likes
Samsung_6NToUWi
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones

I'm having a similar problem but with the screen timing out instead. I have my setting to turn off my phone after 5 minutes of inactivity.

When I played games before they would lock but the screen wouldn't automatically turn off, but since the update my phone times out even when playing games.

Can I update my settings so the timeout doesn't stay in affect just while playing games?

0 Likes
userlds1wB9MMv
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Same issue after latest update. I have auto lock set a 15 sec. Screen turns darker, can see the game playing with the lock in the middle. But suddenly turns black with the game stop playing in the background.

0 Likes