JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

S9 new update auto lock during games

(Topic created: 02-09-2019 01:59 AM)
userQ3sYfHgkRX
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones

I'm having a very very annoying problem with my S9 since this ui update... I used to play a game on my phone using an external controller due to better control and less strain. Now with this update my screen keeps constantly auto locking (which I have no lock on my phone) and making me tap this stupid icon in the middle of my screen and sliding it to keep the screen from shutting off. Why do y'all come up with literally the stupidest updates? Who needs a screen to timeout DURING A GAME! 

One unsatisfied customer.. 

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
userCCW698aGMP
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S Phones

I have the answer, go into a game then swipe to bring up the nivigation window on the bottom of the phone,then tap the game tools in lower left hand corner,then tap advanced game features, then turn off auto screen lock, and now enjoy your game!

View solution in context

20 Replies
Solution
userCCW698aGMP
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S Phones

I have the answer, go into a game then swipe to bring up the nivigation window on the bottom of the phone,then tap the game tools in lower left hand corner,then tap advanced game features, then turn off auto screen lock, and now enjoy your game!

userChdICAYVOn
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Thank you!!! How could something so simple have seemed so impossible? I have been trying for 2 wks to find a fix for this and just solved it in 2 min.!

usersZ2V6qDxIK
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Is there a way to get that navigation bar at the bottom of game play to go away. It drives me crazy?

0 Likes
userCCW698aGMP
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S Phones
You can go into the phone settings and swithch to full screen gestures but if you do that then you can never bring up the game launcher navigation menu
0 Likes
userKhEUYdbuFW
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Thx. I have been searching a while for this answer. It worked!!

0 Likes
userwJ76bGyPuv
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones
This doesnt work for me I dont get an advanced game features option...
useriqcVUjrjbS
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S Phones

I don't have an "advanced" option either.. Any other bright ideas? 

Screenshot_20190616-163733_Game Tools.jpg

0 Likes
user9gfLxZTNIe
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Go into settings >> advanced features and make sure game launcher is toggled to on. This will enable advanced features menu. I didn't have that option at first. By pure experimentation i did that and the option appeared. 

0 Likes
usertqyjTmkiIx
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Thanks,  this has been driving me crazy !!! You are awesome!!!

0 Likes