Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
user7JELPU3bXZ
Asteroid

S9+ not saving pictures to gallery

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Sometimes after taking pictures I'll check my gallery and they won't be there. I'll just have a blank greywith a frame in the gallery. If I try to click it gallery will crash causing my phone to freeze. I have to restart my phone to get it to start saving pictures again. Anyone come across this?

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
user7JELPU3bXZ
Asteroid

Re: S9+ not saving pictures to gallery

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Solution for me. Accidentally the sd card came out. Put it back in. Cleared my gallery cache just before this. Reset my phone after the sd card because it wasn't showing in files. Something with this must have got the gallery to stay, after a few days I haven't had the issue.

42 REPLIES 42
userHdw4cXYvtN
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Yes. It's happening with my S9

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Greetings,

Try deleting the storage cache on the device.  Be careful to not reset or delete user settings.  Then retest.  I'm using the camera with Gallery and Google photos interchangeably without issues.  You can set a default if you chose, but I use Google Cloud for my phones data and Samsung cloud for apps.  Is working cleanly for me.  Nothing beats Google's back ups..  they are the king of data aggregation and stealing every piece of your personal information. 

Bixby although not enabled on my device is heading in the same direction. 

~ Former N6p, Pixel1 owner who tried an s9+ ~ With Android, The software experience is everything. Good specs doesn't mean great device. In the end, it's the software experience that makes or breaks hardware. I've dumped the S9(minus) and gone back to a device that receives actual support, regular updates and bug fixes. DONE WITH SAMSUNG - SOLD THE S9(minus) - YOU GUYS ARE LIARS!
user7JELPU3bXZ
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Update: Cleared my cache. Made google photo my backup. A couple hours later I took a picture and went to check my gallery. Gallery wouldn't even fully load, then the gallery app would crash. Had to restart my phone to get the gallery app to load and any pictures I took before gallery app was accessed was grey with an exclamation on it.

usery4wZ0Mhfk7
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

same here! for me the issue started after I put an SD card in and changed the storage location.  I took about 50 photos before this issue started and now im not sure what it is...

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Suggest you reset your device and test from base configuration.  If that works, add an SD card and test again.  If you use a SD card that was used in another device, be sure to format it in the phone as some devices do not behave well if storage media was formatted elsewhere.

You can always restore from back up once you determine if the issue is software or hardware related. 

~ Former N6p, Pixel1 owner who tried an s9+ ~ With Android, The software experience is everything. Good specs doesn't mean great device. In the end, it's the software experience that makes or breaks hardware. I've dumped the S9(minus) and gone back to a device that receives actual support, regular updates and bug fixes. DONE WITH SAMSUNG - SOLD THE S9(minus) - YOU GUYS ARE LIARS!
user4xWl7KokqM
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

userzeTgvyr3dZ
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I'm having the same issue and have tried just about everything to fix it but nothing seems to work. 

userzeTgvyr3dZ
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I'm having the same issue and have tried just about everything to fix it but nothing seems to work

userlVfolpPbyd
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I have tried everything spoken with a rep he said all I can do is a hard reset. I just bought this and pictures are a must. May return phone it can not be fixed