cancel
Showing results forΒ 
Search instead forΒ 
Did you mean:Β 
userO0sOWOdGCd
Cosmic Ray

Re: S9+ notifications after do not disturb goes off

@userLzisE2tq9E wrote:

Now I am seriously considering trading it in for whatever iphone I can get. Clearly android and samsung do not care for their customers at all.

Whoah...  I think you went a bit far there...  
To say that because this ANDROID bug isnt being handled by ANDROID developers (if you check, it has been confirmed as an issue with ANDROID that has affected more than just your phone - and Samsung phones) is the end of the world, and because of it your investment is an absolute waste might be a bit dramatic.
The part about switching to "whatever iphone" is even further out in the borders of contradiction and exaggeration.
True, this is a major annoyance, and I don't mean to downplay the whole thing. It is a bug that I wish Samsung could help us fix, but in the end, it appears that phone manufacturers don't have a lot of control over what the folks at ANDROID/Google end up working on. We are all at the mercy of the big G.
That said, if you want to go play russian roulette in the dark world of 🍏 with just any old device they want to sell you, then I guess you can... Smiley Tongue. Just know that planned 🍏 obsolescence is a very REAL ISSUE in those pastures that you seem to believe are all green and stuff...  (We are talking major lawsuit stuff here).

So yes, do what you must, just consider who it is that you are giving your money to. In the end Samsung has proven to be one of the most reliable options to date (personally speaking), and I do believe there are plenty of data sources to corroborate why these devices have gained a solid following, specially in recent years.

This wild notification issue here is the first instance in which a Samsung phone does anything undesirable to me. My last Samsung S6 is still working well and has not been destroyed by an OTA update. New versions of the Galaxy series are actual improvements over their predecesors. That can't really be said for 🍏 and a number of other device manufacturers. Reach out to ANDROID directly, and write in ANDROID forums for better chances to be heard and more up-to-the-minute updates on bugs, etc.

user3QmymPBNRd
Constellation

This bug was fixed for other android phones after reading other forums but is still an issue for samsung phones. I have the same issue with getting spammed with notification chimes after dnd is switched off. I have had imy phone chiming  for nearly a minute straight after waking up in the morning

userO0sOWOdGCd
Cosmic Ray

Which  phones/manufacturers corrected the issue?

So far we have seen that EVEN GOOGLE PIXLE users have seen this problem. That alone says a lot. 

Can you list some specifics and maybe leave a link to what you are seeing?

It might be helpful to us.

Thank you. 

userzxhm7PZMDm
Astronaut

My S8+ have had this behaviour since day 1. Every morning after do not disturb turns off, my phone is sending hundreds of old push notifications in a chunk. It is very annoing.

Is there a way turn off this behaviour??

And how do I sort push notification list in date order? I always have to be a detective and to scroll upp and down in the notification list to find what sound caused the latest notification. Even a missed Call is hard to find and is ordered after several days old push notifications from Chrome!?

I'ts my first Android phone after both Apple ande Windows phone. I must say Andoid is the faar most complicated system. I'ts like running Windows XP on a phone, not so user friendly.

useroyiBZz1JoF
Astronaut

Yes, why hasn't this been resolved?

Why hasn't Samsung fixed this issue?

What has Samsung to say regarding this issue?

Galaxy S9 user... Mostly happy with S9 but annoyed the device has so many advanced features I never use yet basic stuff like turning off DND causes problems.

Move your development dollars away from iris recognition and back to basic product refinement.

userO0sOWOdGCd
Cosmic Ray

Well, today Google delivered Android 9.0 to my ATT Galaxy S9+
They fixed the problem! πŸ™ŒπŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ
Hope everyone else runs into the same luck!
Cheers!

userRlbsCPTfJs
Constellation

S8 Active, T-Mobile for me.  This issue is causing marital problems with a barrage of alerts at 6.30 am on the weekends in particular.  

Wish it were either fixed, or we could at least change DND schedule so it is different on the weekends.  It's been broken far too long!

userptjDdz5D3e
Constellation

Dear Samsung Representative, 

I just switched to a galaxy s9 from iPhone and must say other than this very annoying issue I love my phone and android experience.  But seriously this issue is very obnoxious.  Please respond to this thread so we know you are aware of what the problem is and are working on fixing it.

Thank you so much

Highlighted
useroCEIZ1lYGi
Constellation

@userO0sOWOdGCd wrote:

Well, today Google delivered Android 9.0 to my ATT Galaxy S9+
They fixed the problem! πŸ™ŒπŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ
Hope everyone else runs into the same luck!
Cheers!

No luck for me on my A8. 

TPro
Constellation

This also occurs on my Note 8.