cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Constellation

S9+ : on pressing the power button, display turns yellow and looks low-resolution

The problem started a few weeks ago. If power mode is anything but 'high performance' and I turn on the display by clicking the power button, the display turns yelllow and images look very low resolution.
If I turn off the display by pressing the power button, wait for a minute or two and then turn on the display again by using the finger print sensor (and not the power button), the display is restored to its former glory.

Things I have checked/tried:
-The issue is not related to blue filter. The filter is not turned on
-Clearing the cache and restarting the phone did not help
-Changing the colors under adaptive display did not help

Surprisingly my wife's S9, also has the same issue. The s9 and s9+ were bought witin a few months of each other

13 REPLIES 13
Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: S9+ : on pressing the power button, display turns yellow and looks low-resolution

Does this happen when your device is in safe mode?

Let's try putting the device in Safe mode to determine if there are external factors that cause this symptom. This step will temporarily disable all your third-party apps, but none of your personal data will be deleted. Your customization settings (Wallpaper, Themes, et cetera) will be reset to default once you exit this mode.

Please follow the steps below:

1. Turn the device off.

2. Press and hold the Power key past the model name screen.

3. When "SAMSUNG" appears on the screen, release the Power key.

4. Immediately after releasing the Power key, press and hold the Volume down key.

5. Continue to hold the Volume down key until the device finishes restarting.

6. Safe mode will display in the bottom left corner of the screen.

7. Release the Volume down key when you see Safe Mode.

8. To exit Safe Mode, restart your device.

Let us know how your device responds after performing this step!

Highlighted
Constellation

Re: S9+ : on pressing the power button, display turns yellow and looks low-resolution

Thank you for your response. I tried the safe mode and the issue occurs in safe mode too.

Also, I noticed that the issue occurs even when power setting is 'high performance' (I had stated differently in my first post)  

Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Are you using a theme on your device? Are you using a third party launcher on your device?

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

Highlighted
Constellation

I have not downloaded any themes or third party launcher. I use whatever came out of the box. The only setting I had changed was the wall paper and that too I reset to the default, once the issue cropped up. 

Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Have you tried wiping the cache partition on the device yet? You can do so by following these steps:

1. Turn off the device.
  2. Press and hold the Volume Up key and the Bixby key, then press and hold the Power key.
  3. When the Android logo displays, release all three keys.
  4. An 'Installing system update' message will show for 30 - 60 seconds before the Android system recovery menu options appear.
  5. Press the Volume down key several times to highlight wipe cache partition.
  6. Press Power key to select.
  7. Press the Volume down key to highlight yes, them and press the Power key to select.
  8. When the wipe cache partition is complete, Reboot system now is highlighted.
  9. Press the Power key to restart the device.

Also, do you have the google books app downloaded on your phone?

Highlighted
Constellation

I don't have google books on my phone.

Clearing the cache also did not help.

In fact, because I pressed the power button to clear cache, the sceen turned yellowish even during bootup.  Is this a hardware problem? Smiley Sad    

Highlighted
Astronaut

Re: S9+ : on pressing the power button, display turns yellow and looks low-res..

Your phone appears to be having the same problem as others, you may or may not be having screen burning, since you have such an old phone (for it's time [quite new]) your RGB or red green blue orb pixel or square centimeter has burned out.

Highlighted
Constellation

Re: S9+ : on pressing the power button, display turns yellow and looks low-res..

I was nearing the end of my two year contract for s9+ and was planning to recontract for S20+, but given my experience with S9+, not sure any more about Samsung Smiley Sad 

Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Can I please have your full model number, baseband version, and service provider?

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.