cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
user2cNEKUSH9d
Constellation

S9 side buttons wont work at all

My phone is brand new and all of a sudden the side buttons. Bixby, sounds and power buttons wont work at all. Its maybe a week old and I've never dropped it! I dont know what to do

33 REPLIES 33
Supernova

Re: S9 side buttons wont work at all

I'm really sorry to hear about that, @user2cNEKUSH9d. Would you mind providing us with some detail about your device so that we can look further into this?

* Model Number

* Baseband Version

* Carrier

You can find this information in Setting > About Phone. Thanks!

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

userkbGr7TIt6O
Astronaut

Mine is the same thing. It won't restarrt none of the buttons work. Even when I hold the volume down button and power button it won't log off. It won't charge nothing. I'm not seeing any resolution answers please help its a brand new phone

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

@userkbGr7TIt6O If none of the buttons work, we would recommend service. 

userw8kvayKSVW
Not applicable

Even my buttons got jammed and then i tried this same method by pressing buttons for 5 seconds and it started working.. but I want to know that what's the reason as my phone is brand new and i got this issue within a month ..
userlEK1ryIBFJ
Constellation

Same was happening to me. Used Bixby to turn off. When I restarted, the buttons had functionality again. Might be a temp fix but it's something

Anab
Constellation

I am having the same issue at the moment. Can you please help me?

Supernova

I really appreciate you taking the time to get in touch with us about this. Were you able to get your side buttons working?

If you need anything else, please let us know and our community will be happy to help!

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

user8NY8C5Plqn
Constellation

Same issue here! 

Any solution?

userw2xmlhjXe4
Constellation

The buttons on my S9 also stopped working. Is there any fix for this?