cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: S9 side buttons wont work at all

userFX37MdnSTp can you answer Michelle's question from Friday?

"If you hold the power key and volume down button down at the same time for 5-10 seconds, does your phone restart or do anything?"

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.
Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

userFX37MdnSTp
Constellation

@SamsungCole I have already tried this and the buttons are completely unresponsive and because of that I can't turn my screen off unless it times out
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Thank you for confirming, I'd like to look into service options for you. Mind shooting me a private message with the model number of your S9 and the IMEI or HEX number?-->http://bit.ly/2igAXKH

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.
Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

userWLplRyRZhW
Constellation

I know the frustration... these ppl dont get that the BUTTONS DONT RESPOND! pressing the buttons is not a solution.. I had the same issue so I set up my bixby and asked it to restart the phone that fixed the issue hope it helps

userVJIALzCarz
Astronaut

Yes, this did restart the phone e and all functions are working.  Thank you

userGfR7um9NuR
Constellation

This worked for me too.

I had the same issue- buttons just stopped working and the phone won't even charge.

I pressed the power button with the volume down button for 5 secs and the phone restarted. Now, its back to normal.

userI5IYjMMSmb
Constellation

After an update same thing happened especially to me a few days later. I found a fix with a YouTube video that tells you how to change the dexterity options to get a menu to turn off or restart manually. The restart was for s9 but it is the same for s9 and restart worked. Good luck!

usersR5MXis3SY
Constellation

I'm having the same issue now with my phone.  S9+ on Sprint.  SM-G965U.  sw ver g965usqu3brj5.

Took update a few weeks ago.  Camera stopped working.  Did hard reset.  Now side buttons stopped working.  Did hard reset.  They come back for a few days and the issues happen again.

userCLRQFfVCLk
Constellation

I am now on my second s9, and my new one is doing the same thing! Power button and volume keys are unresponsive, I can't reboot it because the power button is not recognized. This one won't even charge and I've had it roughly a week.

Is there a bug fixes planned for this? I am hoping the phone does an auto reboot. 

usergp36HI09os
Astronaut

I am having the same problem. All side keys won't work and my phone doesn't want to charge and it's at 11%