cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Asteroid

S9+ started saying moisture detected immediately after a software update and can't cable charge.

Over 48 hours ago I did a software update to my phone (while it was plugged in and charging) and after the update was done it said remove the cable because moisture was detected. No biggy, it used to do this all the time. But now it will not go away. I've restarted my phone several times and waited 2 days but nothing works. I've tried charging while the phone was off, but it still says to remove the cable because of moisture. I've tried using a hair dryer to dry the port (that I know was never wet because it went from charging just fine to not charging) and clearing the cache for USB settings. Please help!

9 REPLIES 9
Highlighted
Asteroid

Re: S9+ started saying moisture detected immediately after a software update and can't cable charge.

Did anyone answer or help you?  I have the same problem.

@user72lwG0SY1p wrote:

Over 48 hours ago I did a software update to my phone (while it was plugged in and charging) and after the update was done it said remove the cable because moisture was detected. No biggy, it used to do this all the time. But now it will not go away. I've restarted my phone several times and waited 2 days but nothing works. I've tried charging while the phone was off, but it still says to remove the cable because of moisture. I've tried using a hair dryer to dry the port (that I know was never wet because it went from charging just fine to not charging) and clearing the cache for USB settings. Please help!

Highlighted
Asteroid

Re: S9+ started saying moisture detected immediately after a software update and can't cable charge.

No solutions yet and I am still experiencing the problem.

Highlighted
Constellation

I had the same problem after I also updated the software on my S9. But, instead of it telling me about liquid in my port. It will not charge no matter what charger I use and it will charge 1% but will stop charging after that. It will charge wirelessly perfectly fine with no problems. PLEASE HELP!!

Highlighted
Astronaut

Try charging off?

Highlighted
Astronaut

Works for me 

Highlighted
Asteroid

No, even when it's turned off it flashes a water droplet icon and prompts me to remove the cable.

Highlighted
Constellation

Re: S9+ started saying moisture detected immediately after a software update a..

Any fix yet same BS happen to me

Highlighted
Asteroid

Re: S9+ started saying moisture detected immediately after a software update a..

After a little over a week and multiple restarts it eventually just went away. No difinitive fix that I found. Such BS.

Highlighted
Constellation

This is issue is been reported over and over with no "real" long term solution provided by Samsung.  The work arounds are hit and miss and only work for a short time.   The one that works most often for me is to restart the phone while the error is present and that works (sometimes).  

My biggest issue is when using Android Auto via a USB cord.  If I turn the car off before I disconnect the USB cord, the alert pops up.  Essentially, making it impossible to use Android Auto until the process mentioned above is conducted. 

Clearly this is a software glitch that needs to be addressed. I am resisting the jump to Apple but may have to if this does not get resolved.  

Bottom line.  SAMSUNG FIX THE PROBLEM