cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
userA9oO4VFcJ2
Asteroid

S9 stolen - wipe it / restore it

JUMP TO SOLUTION

My S9 was stolen, i''m not very techy, and I have ALL my personal files, emails, work, notes on the phone, it had security to access it, but if the thief removes my sim and puts in another sim, is there any way he can access  anything from my phone, I am unsure what is saved to the phone and what is saved to the sim ?!? I assume that they can't access ANYTHING from my phone without the security code, just want reassurance for that...

and secondly, how do i access my samsung account so i can transfer the cloud data when my replacement phone arrives - I must have set something up when i transferred using Smart  Switch from my old Samsung A5 (which i still have) to my S9 (now stolen). When i logged in to the Samsung account on my laptop, it only has the info from my A5, not my S9 ! How do i access my newer S9 account. It is set up because i went to 'find my mobile' and the phone is listed alongside my A5, but it couldn't  be located Smiley Sad it has been switched off by the thief. Just concerned now how i can access all my data and transfer when the time comes...

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Samsung Care Ambassador

Re: S9 stolen - wipe it / restore it

JUMP TO SOLUTION

You should be able to backup your device trough find my mobile. There is also a lock feature which prompts you to put in a 4-8 digit PIN which applies a second lock on top of your phone and prevents the phone from being powered off

6 REPLIES 6
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Did you have your information backed up to the Samsung Cloud or your Samsung account?

userA9oO4VFcJ2
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I'm not entirely sure....I managed to get on to the findmymobile pafge for my S9, which is listed there  alongside my previous Samsungs, and i have clicked erase should my phone come online, but it seems the last update was February 2019...there is a restore button, i'm hoping when my new samsung arrives i can click the restore and 'smart switch' the data to my new phone ?!

Highlighted
Samsung Care Ambassador

JUMP TO SOLUTION

You should be able to backup your device trough find my mobile. There is also a lock feature which prompts you to put in a 4-8 digit PIN which applies a second lock on top of your phone and prevents the phone from being powered off

userA9oO4VFcJ2
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Ah thank you will go on to the find my mobile and see if i can do that, i have a 6 digit pin to get in to my phone when its turned off, assume it is this one, will give it a go thank you for taking the time to reply, much appreciated, all my family details are on the phone, pictures of my children, work email, amazon account with bank details saved Smiley Sad

Samsung_o6gDt0q
Astronaut

Call Sumsang for account, they may be able to help with t...

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Call Sumsang for account, they may be able to help with that. If person who stole your phone knows anything about phones, they're be able to root phone to recover lost data.

userA9oO4VFcJ2
Asteroid

Re: Call Sumsang for account, they may be able to help with t...

JUMP TO SOLUTION

thank you! So far i only called my network provider, will call Samsung and see if they can help, fingers crossed it was stolen by someone of low intelligence Smiley Happy