cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Asteroid

S9 system update on Feb 7th caused issue connecting to Verizon network

My galaxy s9 couldn't register to Verizon network after a system update on Feb 7th 2020, the same SIM card worked fine on another phone, T-Mobile SIM card also worked fine on the s9. There were no problems before this software update.

10 REPLIES 10
Cosmic Ray

Re: S9 system update on Feb 7th caused issue connecting to Verizon network

Is that the one ui 2?

Highlighted
Asteroid

Yes UI 2.0. Android 10

Highlighted
Asteroid

How are you able to get ui 2.0 on a s9. Can a s9 plus get it?

Highlighted
Asteroid

It was automatically updated, I didn't realize anything related with UI 2 until seeing previous comment.

Highlighted
Asteroid

Yes! but be careful with that updates, I did update mine (a phone I bought on ebay) and it switches from Verizon unlocked to AT&T Locked and since then I am having lots of problems getting it unlocked.

Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Was your device previously carrier unlocked prior to the update?

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

Highlighted
Asteroid

Yes it was carrier unlocked, and for further reference, the issue happens with Verizon MVNO - Red Pocket CDMA SIM.

Chatted with Red Pocket Support, it appears that a lot of their customers complained about this update causing problems.

The problem seems to be that in the mobile network settings "LTE/CDMA" is not available from the preferred network, only "LTE/3G/2G" etc. options are available.

Highlighted
Asteroid

@SamsungAdam @sean6  Having the same problem but my phone service is with ATT. My phone is also carrier unlocked. So many people are having this issue since that update but Samsung acts like it's not a problem. I sent my phone to them and they replaced the motherboard. It didn't fix it. The only solution they can give me is to send them the phone I just got back from them. I've been dealing with this since the 7th of February as well. It's very frustrating. 

Highlighted
Asteroid

so it seems like the Verizon S9+ devices got the wrong carrier updates, because I am having that same problem and there isn't much I can do because I am not living in the USA.