This can be solved through this 

userC6B9Hf346k
Asteroid

Re: S9 trade in scam

how can you help me I am in the same situation

uservjzxabW5I7
Asteroid

I had similar experience and Samsung charged me $325. Traded in a perfect Note 5 for Note 8 and turned out to be an indisputable SCAM. They kept my phone for a made up reason. Please don't waste your time and money on Samsung trade in. It's my first and last time buying directly from Samsung!!! 

userxeYbu4As8B
Asteroid

I had this same problem. I emailed the US president of Samsung, filed a complaint with the BBB, explaining everything that happened and how I had proof of such. They finally got everything fixed. They issued a refund to my Samsung financing account.

Highlighted
Samsung Care Ambassador

How long did you guys wait until they validated your phone? I just trade-in my S8 plus and I never knew these stories happened so I sent them my S8 plus and they received it on May 2nd 2018 the lcoation in in forth texas.. How long did you guys receive your email for validation? I am very scared if this will happen to me also.

userIPrhQME3fE
Constellation

I sent my phone in March 20, and received an email I was going to be charged $275, for broken screen on April 27.
Samsung Care Ambassador

@userIPrhQME3fEwrote:
I sent my phone in March 20, and received an email I was going to be charged $275, for broken screen on April 27.

Was it really broken?

userC6B9Hf346k
Asteroid

I had the same issue and my samsung s7 has no issues whatsoever 

Samsung Care Ambassador

Yey I trade in my Galaxy S8 Plus and it only took 3 business days for them to validate my device and now they approved my trade-in and it is successful.. I did bug the e-commerce to hurry up the process of my device because i am worried the battery may die if takes a month. But I asked the customer service what is the definition of "Normal wear and tear" and here is their definition.

Failure beyond Normal wear and tear may be due to:
• Electrical connector damaged,housing damage.
• Electrical Connector Damaged : The electrical connector was inspected and damage was found on the charging port or charging pins that goes beyond normal wear and tear.
• Has Housing Damage: The phone casing was inspected and a break or crack was found that goes beyond normal wear and tear.
• Cracked Camera Lens : The camera lens was inspected and a crack was found that was beyond normal wear and tear. This includes any cracks and small hairline fissures on the camera.

user7o0xUAilcH
Constellation

Did you contact Ingram Micro or Samsung to validate your trade-in device?

I think I may forgot to turn the power off when I sent it in.

If it is possible, please let me know the contact number as well. 

Apprecaite it!