Did you mean: 
userBrh8oG9ebW
Asteroid

Re: S9 trade in scam

BEST TO GO THRU YOUR TELEPHONE CARRIER 

userqgNHpJJF4J
Constellation

What was your outcome? After reading these reviews I dont know if this is a good idea.

EdLuvr
Constellation

Thank you for posting this!  I've had the same experience trading in my pristine S6, and was told it had water damage.  The phone didn't have a scratch on it, but I was stupid in that I didn't photograph it - I figured this was just a formality and that they would simply honor the $125 discount.    When I challenged it, they send two unrecognizable photos with no further explanation.  I've been calling and emailing since with no positive response.  Just now I've had two calls with customer service who admit that they have had MANY similar reports and they pass these issues on to management for a decision,  but insist that I have to wait.  When I ask for a supervisor I'm put on hold only to be disconnected (two separate times)! 

Meanwhile, its been over two weeks and my CC has been charged.  Believe me this is not about the $125 - I've never seen such an obvious scam.   Maybe I'll expose them on the local NY news!

userRPypF6kirm
Asteroid

Same issue here. My S7 was just about perfect. I cleared all my accounts, factory reset it and sent it in. I have a pending case with BBB. This is what samsung claims to be the phone I sent them. So far they got a like new S7 for $25 and I paid full price for an S9+. The last Samsung product I'll ever own.

https://samsung-tradein-images.s3.amazonaws.com/trade-in/MFS8P6054/7b5d4044096fa53a1beb13a86e9a6297....

Samsung Care Ambassador

@userRPypF6kirm wrote:
Same issue here. My S7 was just about perfect. I cleared all my accounts, factory reset it and sent it in. I have a pending case with BBB. This is what samsung claims to be the phone I sent them. So far they got a like new S7 for $25 and I paid full price for an S9+. The last Samsung product I'll ever own.

https://samsung-tradein-images.s3.amazonaws.com/trade-in/MFS8P6054/7b5d4044096fa53a1beb13a86e9a6297....

is that the damage on the top screen like burn-in?

userRPypF6kirm
Asteroid

I'm really not sure what the picture is showing exactly, because the phone I sent had a mint screen. And samsung just said "Device’s display is damaged or not functioning" One customer service rep said they indicated the screen was cracked, but she said didn't see any cracks on the picture so she was confused.

It looks as if the screen here is all white, and possibly under the red mark might be cracked. Looks like they intake all the phones and litteraly just toss them in a box until they get to processing them. I would not doubt it one bit the way the threads here are coming in.

One thing I can prove 100% is Verizon says my MEID was being used for talk, text and data up till the minute I switched it over to the S9+. Samsung just needs to call them and they will verify.

Samsung Care Ambassador

@userRPypF6kirm wrote:

I'm really not sure what the picture is showing exactly, because the phone I sent had a mint screen. And samsung just said "Device’s display is damaged or not functioning" One customer service rep said they indicated the screen was cracked, but she said didn't see any cracks on the picture so she was confused.

It looks as if the screen here is all white, and possibly under the red mark might be cracked. Looks like they intake all the phones and litteraly just toss them in a box until they get to processing them. I would not doubt it one bit the way the threads here are coming in.

One thing I can prove 100% is Verizon says my MEID was being used for talk, text and data up till the minute I switched it over to the S9+. Samsung just needs to call them and they will verify.

What is your definition of "mint condition"? Because according to samsung if there is hairline crack or burn-in it is consider beyond normal wear and tear but you ca ask samsung what is normal wear and tear means.

userRPypF6kirm
Asteroid

I'm very picky with condition.  The phone was well protected from the start and qualified for trade-in. The pic is of a broken screen. If it is in fact from my phone, the only explanation is they were careless with it and will not take any responsibility. I firmly beleive that to be the case. Trying to fight with samsung is the last thing i have time for. I didn't need to upgrade that bad, I just thought the deal was right. I have a case into BBB and now I've asked my state's attorney generals office for direction.  Never in my life have i bothered with either.  Boy did Samsung screw me! 

userxeYbu4As8B
Asteroid

I'm having the same problem. I was told my phone was locked and my data couldn't be erased. Thing is I've never had a lock on my phone and even so I reset it before sending. They sent me pictures of the front and back of phone turned off. How does that prove anything? I've contacted them and was advised over the phone to ask for pictures of the phone turned on as proof. I'm waiting on a reply, and to hopefully get this worked out. If not I'll be filing complaints with BBB and TD bank whom it is financed through for the additional charges.

userxeYbu4As8B
Asteroid

Oh let me add to the list! Now under my order in Samsung Shopping it has the reasons why as will not power on, major wear and tear, and blacklisted. I had the phone in an otterbox from day 1 so no wear and tear, the phone was working just fine when I sent it, I used it that day to reset everything and transfer files, and i have the IMEI number and it's never been blacklisted! Samsung is just trying to RIP people off!