Constellation

Re: S9+ turns off when usinf fingerprint security

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Did you get a solution? This is my exact problem 

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

My phone, s9 plus works well when using fingerprint, pattern, face recognition. Oy the problem is that when I go into the settings to add or delete a fingerprint, my phone hang and shut down until dead battery. What should I do? I've done restarting my phone, and such. Hope you can help me with this. Thank you very much

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I was hoping I wasn't the only one.

I have the same issue too only my phone turns off whenever I try to use the fingerprint sensor be it registering fingerprints, trying to access samsung pass, or just plain enabling fingerprint unlock. 

I've used the hardware test on the phone by dialing *#0*# and under sensors you can select fingerprint sensor. Sometimes this test works but most of the time if just turns off the phone.

I've taken it to an authorized service center and they couldn't do anything about it. They tried to reset the phone but they said the phone wouldn't accept the binary files they were using.

I've gotten by so far by disabling fingerprints all together. The phone will sometimes turn off but it's lets frequent.

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Give this link a look over. It should help. 

Highlighted
Cosmic Ray

JUMP TO SOLUTION

My phone turns off randomly when I use fingerprints as security.  I don't need to restart the phone.  I have already gone into safe mode after a factory reset and the problem still persists.  I have already sent it to a warranty repair center but the problem still persists. I was told it was going to be fixed but here I am.

Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I'm sorry to hear that. Try logging completely out of your Samsung account, power cycling, and then logging back in. Let us know if this helps. 

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

Cosmic Ray

JUMP TO SOLUTION

The phone just restarted after signing g out of my samsung account, restarting into safe mode and signing back into my samsung account and enabling fingerprints.

Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

If all troubleshooting steps have failed, you may need service repairs. I understand you have submitted your phone for repair once before. I would be glad to look into that service and set up another service for you. If you wish to move forward with service repair please send a private message to http://bit.ly/2JH2rq2.  Also, please provide the following information. Thank you. 

First/Last Name 

Phone Number

Email Address

Physical Address

Place Of Purchase

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Cosmic Ray

JUMP TO SOLUTION

i would like to say im having the same problem S9 

Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@usermepY5Pxm; Have you tried removing and re-adding the fingerprint?