Constellation

Re: S9+ turns off when usinf fingerprint security

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Any update about this issue?

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Why is this topic marked as Solved when clearly many people are still having issues? I've been a Samsung fan for a long time, but repeated issues with my S7 (which I had to give away) and now with a very expensive S9 are leading me to second thoughts

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

This post was made 7.9.2018 and today is 3.23.2019, and the issue still exists.

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

10 months later: I did exactly that, and am awaing the update. No news from Samsung yet. 

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I am having the same issue as above. Fingerprint scanner is causing the phone to just turn off. Phone turns on but after a few seconds of being idle, the phone turns off by itself. Once I turn it on, if I am constantly using it, it will remain on, but after 5 seconds of being idle, it turns off. Very frustrating when I rely on my mobile phone for work as I cannot take calls. Phone was purchased in January, I've had it less than 4 months and up until 48 hours ago, I had no issues. How can I resolve this issue.

Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@usercIVMZQ6ozW Have you tested the phone in Safe Mode? You can also try clearing the cache partition. 

Turn off the device.
Press and hold the Volume Up key and the Bixby key, then press and hold the Power key.
When the Android logo displays, release all three keys.
An ‘Installing system update’ message will show for 30 – 60 seconds before the Android system recovery menu options appear.
Press the Volume down key several times to highlight wipe cache partition.
Press Power key to select.
Press the Volume down key to highlight yes, them and press the Power key to select.
When the wipe cache partition is complete, Reboot system now is highlighted.
Press the Power key to restart the device.
Your phone will take a little time booting up after the cache partition is wiped off of its contents as it will rebuild or recreate those caches. Don’t be alarmed if the phone gets stuck on the logo for a minute or two after this just don’t turn it off so that what were deleted will be replaced successfully.

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

My s9+ just started doing this.  I first thought it was the sd card hut finally narrowed it down to the fingerprint scanner as a biometric lock.

Highlighted
Cosmic Ray

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Correct and you can still keep it enabled for Samsung pay/lastpass and other Samsung needs to say this is a problem. The "fix" they have is trash and unless you want a referb that might still have the problem don't send your phone to them.