Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Constellation

Re: S9+ turns off when usinf fingerprint security

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Has anyone truly solved this problem?

I've been having this issue forever, and I would really like to be able to use my fingerprint sensor again.

Samsung has been no help. When I call the customer line, they tell me that this is not an issue that they're aware of, and redirect me to get it serviced.

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I have the same problem with a Note 9. It started two nights ago. There’s no solution for this, just disable the fingerprint unlock, Samsung is doing nothing about it.

Highlighted
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I solved this problem by disabling fingerprint security to unlock the phone. Just in case someone is having the same issue. I spent a lot of life energy with all of the resets and restarts when it is as simple as disbling fingerprint phone unlock. I am hoping Samsung will fix the problem undoubtedly created by one of the 7 mandatory System updates of the last year... JUst the fact that these System updates are mandatory and not optional will have a significant impact on my decision to buy another Samsung when I upgrade. It is nothing short of corrupt ... Microsoft does the same thing, so maybe I just need to shut up and take it ... Smiley Sad 

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I know this is an old thread, but adding my woes to it.  My s9+ just started doing this on 5/2/20.  First time, clearing the cache fixed it, then it started happening again exactly 3 weeks later.  Factory reset seemed to fix it, now it is 4 days later and the rebooting started again.  I finally gave up and disabled the fingerprint unlock an hour or so ago, hopefully that will end my problems.   
Can confirm, the fingerprint sensor still works for logging in to the apps that I sign in to with a fingerprint, even with the feature disabled for unlocking the phone. 

Highlighted
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Yep just started having this same issue too on my Note 9. Tried everything up to factory reset.

Nothing fixes it except disabling fingerprint unlock.

Samsung please fix this.

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

So crazy.  My phone just started doing this also.  I just made my last installment loan last week just before it started so I was thinking it was just a conspiracy to make me buy a new phone.  Always seems to work out that way with all the updates they send.  Sorry for the trouble but at least relieved I am not the only one.  I have lost my mind this last week constantly resetting, safe mode, wipe cache.  Absolutely ridiculous.   Thanks to this complaint center, I disabled my fingerprint sensor (which I have used for 2 years now) and so far it has not rebooted.  Of course it has only been 20 minutes but that is much better than it has been.  Thanks for the help.  Why can't this be Apple's problem?  I hate Apple but doesn't ever seem like they have these issues.

Highlighted
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I can confirm that after replacing the fingerprint scanner that the problem went away it was about $20 in parts if you are handy and can fix it yourself and if your phone is out of warranty.

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Can you provide more detail of the extent of this fix.  What all does one have to do?