Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Astronaut

Re: S9+ turns off when usinf fingerprint security

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Same problem.

Tried every recomendation on the last 10 pages, still turning off.

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION
Pretty sad that this is unsolved after 7 months!!!!!!!!
Highlighted
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

If you check out all the replies in this topic, you can clearly see that all of this tricks were already tried by some member. As a moderator, can't you remove the "solved" flag from this forum? Or give us an ultimate solution?

Highlighted
Cosmic Ray

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@SamsungAl @SamsungMod23 you know and we know that it is not our problem and it can only be fixed with a software update when will Samsung admit they have a problem and push a update out. For everyone else if you know someone with a working S9 or S9+ (has to be the same phone you have) check the build number you will see it doesn't match we have a update that was not pushed to everyone and you can not downgrade due to Samsung deciding to design the phone to at the hardware level not allow us to a downgrade would fix. Now that I think about it ... The fuse you guys had the update blow.. was that needed is that the problem ? Is it a true hardware problem now? 

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Be careful when buying. States unlocked the phone but the phone I received was a Sprint phone that Verizon network would not pick up. Spent day trying to figure out with Verizon and sprint with no answer. Will be returning. Looks like a nice phone and will be ordering from someone else. The seller should update the description.Smiley Happy

Highlighted
Cosmic Ray

JUMP TO SOLUTION
Wrong kind of unlocking please read thread before posting.
Highlighted
Cosmic Ray

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I have updated my phone to Android 9 with Samsungs new One UI but the phone still resets after a factory reset and clearing the cache. It seems that the problem was not adressed or it is in fact a hardware issue. 

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Same problem, just started randomly today. Super frustrating there's no response after all this time.

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Has there been any solution to this?

I updated to Android version 9 recently and my phone started shutting off or not even starting. I started on safe mode, cleared cache and even wiped the whole phone TWICE. I noticed the phone and apps work perfectly, but anytime I try to set up fingerprint the phone just shuts offs. Pin and pattern work just fine, I have not tried iris or face yet. Any solutions or recommendations ? 

Samsung galaxy s9+ model smg965u. 

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Same thing here. I have a Samsing Duos recently updated OTA to Pie. After factory reseting several times and a lot of work around it it looks like whenever I use the fingerprints to set those as unlock it keeps turning off randomly, usually less tan 5 mins of idle. I am now using it without finigerptrint unlock althogh fingerprints work for login with several apps. Very annoying and thinking of moving forward to another brand.