cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Asteroid

Re: S9+ turns off when usinf fingerprint security

JUMP TO SOLUTION
Thanks for the heads up. I'll give this a shot asap and update with my results. I just don't understand how the scanner worked fine until the pie update, then started having problems. Maybe it was a coincidence...
Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@Samsung   @GalaxyS9  @GalaxyS9+  @useroZNzqnY9lG @SamsungJam @SamsungJoJo 

Thank you for finally getting to the bottom of this!!

My same issue started in December and I tried EVERYTHING mentioned everywhere as a remedy including factory reset, which is really cumbersome.

The only way I could stop the shut off was to keep google maps on ALL the time, and never lock my phone, which resulted in screen burn-in, overheating phone, and fast battery draining.  

Samsung.....  I would like to have my phone repaired under warrantee for this issue at my local UBreakIFix.   Please help me, and others; receive authorization and direction for this repair.  thank you!

Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@Kennynassar Please send a PM with your full model code and IMEI number so that I may look into this for you. http://bit.ly/2Kq3B5F

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Been having this issue as well for a few months now. What do you we need to do to get a warranty repair? 

Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@userQtUtt9aQK2 Please send a PM with your full model code and IMEI number. http://bit.ly/2Kq3B5F

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I have the same issue. But my s9+ My has expired warranty.

Highlighted
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Thank you so much for the heads up on that! I had the fingerprint sensor replaced as well and am on day three with no random reboots. Fingers crossed that this is the fix. Thanks again! Has anyone else gotten results from replacing the sensor?

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

My phone has just started automatically rebooting when I have the fingerprint scanner enabled. When its disabled the phone doesn;t reboot. @SamsungRei  Can you tell me what I need to do to get the phone repaired? 

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

JUMP TO SOLUTION

We'd be happy to help with these details, please send us a private message here with your full model code and IMEI.

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I can confirm that after last update the issue is gone.

Its now been 24 hours with fingerprint unlock enabled and no restarts! 

The latest update i recived was the April security patch update. I will update if issue reoccurs, lets hope Samsung has done something about it though and this isnt a random glitch.