cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Constellation

Re: S9+ turns off when usinf fingerprint security

JUMP TO SOLUTION

July 1, 2020 security update for T-mobile seems to have resolve my s9+ issue.

My s9+ was working fine until last Sunday when I went paddleboarding with it. Fell into the water multiple times. Disabling fingerprint stopped the shut down, but I also had Bixby randomly activate often. 

Last night, phone prompted for a security update and so far the issue seems to have gone away

Highlighted
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

This issue persists on my AT&T device. I disabled all fingerprint sign-ins and (of course, phone unlock) once I learned that it caused the device to constantly shut down after trying everything, including wiping the device.

With each subsequent update, I have attempted to turn fingerprint sign-on for some apps, but it causes the same behavior.

I'll be thinking long and hard as to whether I'll stick with Samsung.

Highlighted
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Same here, metroPCS S9+. 

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Same problem here. It just started this week. I did all the cache clearing and factory resets. Definitely sounds like a software issue.. qGoing to attempt to shup off the fingerprint sensor and see if It works for now.  I have at&t and the 128gb note 9.   Samsung will you please fix this software bug

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

This issue started on my Verizon device after the last patch update last week. After much research and resetting the phone a couple of times I isolated the issue.  Sadly Samsung service center wasn't of any help. Since then I disabled all fingerprint sign-ins and phone unlock. And now my phone is not constantly crashing and starting.

It appears that it was the last scheduled update for S9+, so I am not expecting a solution ever. 

I had my galaxy watch malfunction earlier this year and now the phone. I think I'll not buy another Samsung device.