cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Cosmic Ray

Re: S9+ turns off when usinf fingerprint security

JUMP TO SOLUTION

That has nothing to do with it the trigger is having fingerprint unlocked enabled you can have fingerprints added and you can use them for apps like Samsung pay and LastPass along with banking apps. It's just the fingerprint unlock/wakeup that causes the issue 

Highlighted
Cosmic Ray

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@usermepY5Pxm6D wrote:

That has nothing to do with it the trigger is having fingerprint unlocked enabled you can have fingerprints added and you can use them for apps like Samsung pay and LastPass along with banking apps. It's just the fingerprint unlock/wakeup that causes the issue 

This is what is happening

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Same problem..tried to explain to Samsung tech support.  They didn't seem to care.  Suggested I drive 2 hrs to best buy to have them fix it.  They dont fix phones I now know!  We need a patch!

Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Since you have tried all the troubleshooting steps we have offered, I would recommend sending your device in for service. If you would like to continue with service please provide me the following. 

First/Last Name 

Phone Number

Email Address

Physical Address

Place Of Purchase

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I have problem with my s9 plus, my phone is  shutting down until dead battery, when I go into the settings, lock screen and security, fingerprint scanner. What to do? I hope you could help me with my problem

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I have also same problem in my phone do you have any idea to solve that phone ?

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Same problem here, I have the SM-G965W model, and it started to shut down randomly, I didn't know what was happening, so I made a wipe cache and a factory reset and everything was working ok until I configured the fingerprint sensor, the phone started to have issues again, so I had to disable it. 

I see that many people have the same issue with different models and carriers and Samsung does nothing to solve it.

@SamsungAdam tto his issue is not solved, please help us to solve this issue that is affecting a lot of S9+ users.

Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Send that information via private message to link.

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION
I just wanna give a quick reply here to everyone thats been having this issue because I have too. I am currently on my second galaxy s9+ from samsung and both have done the finger print issue. I just spoke with a samsung customer service rep after receiving my second unit that did the same thing right out of the box and he told me it's a software issue they are working with android to get fixed so sending it in wont help.

Just my experience, he told me in the meantime just disable the fingerprint scanner and please be patient.
Highlighted
Cosmic Ray

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Thanks Bud