cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Astronaut

Re: S9+ turns off when usinf fingerprint security

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I have exactly the same problem, my s9+ turns off when enable the fingerprint security.

Hope there is a solutio ASAP

Highlighted
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I am facing the same problem. And I confess to being very unsatisfied realizing that the problem is known and old, that it is marked as solved, and that nothing is being done in order to really solve it. What can we do to expose this situation? What can we do to be answered, to have a solution? I bought my cell in the United States, but I live abroad. The Technical Assistance in my country does not provide services on imported devices. I don't want to send the phone out because it involves high costs and apparently maintenance has not solved anyone's problem. It really is outrageous the brand do so much spreading over the development of security benefits in fingerprint, face an iris recognition, if not even the basics of security: unlock screen, works. Not to mention we paid for a perfectly working device, that is not what we have...

Highlighted
Cosmic Ray

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I've been waiting for an update to fix the problem.  Right now in just waiting for the One UI to come drop and hopefully the update will fix it.

Highlighted
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Just starting having this problem, found this thread after some searching.  Disabling fingerprint unlock seems to have fixed the problem.  When will Samsung issue a software patch so I can use the fingerprint unlock feature again?

Highlighted
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION
I know this post doesn't quite belong in this section as I'm contributing as someone that just upgraded from the Note 8 to the Note 9 on my birthday (January 18th), but I've had this exact issue across 2 Note 9s now and I'm just exasperated. I refuse to give up my preferred method of security to be able to just use my phone consistently when this thing costs me $1000 and my Note 8 was perfectly fine.

I've done everything from delete sideloaded apps to running the device in safe mode, to multiple factory resets. I don't even have a custom wallpaper or any widgets right now because my phone doesn't truly feel like it belongs to me right now due to being wiped clean multiple times in a span of 10 days.

Right now, everything seems to work until I try to interact with the fingerprint scanner through software in any way. Doing such causes my phone to just spontaneously shut off. I was somehow able to add three prints once 2 days ago when I tried to show my mother what issue I was dealing with, but now I can't even navigate to the screen where I can add more or rename them or anything.

One more factory reset. One more.
Highlighted
Honored Contributor

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@JGordonson

Have you tried deleting your fingerprints and readding them?

Highlighted
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@SamsungMod23 

The phone shuts off on me at the 'Enter PIN' screen right before that one, so I'm not able to. 

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Have you tried booting the device in safe mode then trying to remove and re-add the fingerprints?

Highlighted
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@SamsungMod23 

Just went ahead and tried that; same result at the same spot (shuts down at PIN screen.)

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Can I get your full model code and IMEI number via private message?private message