cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Asteroid

S9+ wont update to android 10

Hi, I've noticed a problem with my s9+, it does not update to the latest android version, I'm still stuck on on android 9,And whenever I press the search for updates my S9+ says its on the latest android version and there is no update.When I clearly know that there is an android 10 for my phone.Any help would be grateful, thank you 

7 REPLIES 7
Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: S9+ wont update to android 10

If the update has been rolled out to your region and it shows as not available, I would recommend reaching out to your carrier to ensure that you have the latest Baseband version on your phone. 

Highlighted
Asteroid

Hi, Thank you for the reply.My phone is unlocked so, when you mean carrier.Should I contact the carrier I'm with right now?

Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

If your phone started out Unlocked instead of Unlocked by the carrier, the update schedule is different from carrier devices. If it was originally a carrier device, check with the original carrier for the latest update available. 

Highlighted
Asteroid

I bought my phone used, So I'm not sure of it was unlocked straight out of the box.But j appreciate the help, so I should still wait until my phone gets the update?

Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Yeah, updates aren't as clear cut as phone release dates due to the multiple versions per carrier and region. Due to the large number of available carriers, Unlocked updates will always take a bit longer to secure and release.

Highlighted
Asteroid

Okay.Thank you very much for the help 

Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

You are very welcome.