cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
userNyUubGKqcQ
Astronaut

SAMSUNG DEX  for WINDOWS - GALAXY S9

Hello, i would like to know when SAMSUNG DEX  for WINDOWS is going to be compatible with galaxy s9.

I have noticed is now compatible with S10 since last week (software update) but not sure if is going to be compatible with S9.

Do you have info about this?

Thank you.

4 REPLIES 4
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: SAMSUNG DEX  for WINDOWS - GALAXY S9

The Galaxy S9 does not have the software/hardware built in for DeX. However, you can use the S9 with the DeX pad or DeX station.

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

userfeLtlgfz0i
Astronaut

This argument seems odd to me. I regularly use a generic USB-C-HDMI adapter to connect my S9 with a projector. Once the phone is connected, it immediately offers to switch to DEX mode which works flawlessly. Since neither the projector, nor the generic adapter contain any DEX hardware/software element, the S9 appears to have everything which would be needed.

For me, it seems like SAMSUNG simply limits the functions and usability of the S9 to force the user to upgrade.

Highlighted
userfeLtlgfz0i
Astronaut

It appears that SAMSUNG added the function to the Android 10/OneUI 2.0 update. I wonder when such update will be available in Europe...

Comet

Sammobile is reporting that the S9 will work with DeX for PC once we get the Android 10 update, apparently based on beta results. We'll see what actually happens after the update. https://www.sammobile.com/news/psa-samsung-dex-for-pc-works-with-galaxy-s9-and-note-9-on-android-10/

Dan
Galaxy S9 SM-G960U on Xfinity Mobile + Gear S2 Classic