cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
MemeJae
Cosmic Ray

Re: SD Card Keeps Corrupting S9+

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hi all! Thanks for all the help! Just wanted to update you. I did email Samsung Memory Support about everything that has happened with my sd card. I also have ordered a new Samsung sd card, my current card is unbranded and I'd had it for a while. Anyway, since I reformatted it in my phone, its been working,...for now of course, going on 3 days now. Well Samsung Memory emailed me back and want to get started with a replacement. However, I am not completely sure that I want to do all that right now. But if anyone has advice as to whether or not I should just get it replaced, please feel free to let me know! That's the update! Thanks guys.

MemeJae
Cosmic Ray

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hi guys. This will be my final reply, unless of course someone asks me anything. In the middle of the process of emailing with Samsung about getting a replacement device, I reformatted my old unbranded 128gb card inside my S9 plus, and it had been working just perfectly for at 3 days straight. The only issue I'd had was with Netflix restarting my phone, twice. But after I cleared the cache and data, didn't happen again. Anyway, I purchased a new Sd card from Amazon and put it in Thursday. It's been great and I even transferred some app data to the SD card and it's been fine. The card is a Samsung Evo 128gb, Class 10, U3, in case you wanted to know, anyway it's working well now. Thanks!

user9xMAuyOYWL
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@MemeJae I am having this same issue, with the same phone ,but with a Samsung 128gb sd card! It has to be something with the phone. I know this is not a solution to the problem and you have probably updated your phone since. But I purchased a Samsung SD card for what I had hoped was added security for my precious cargo, but it's letting me down once again. 

Highlighted
DarthRidiculous
Cosmic Ray

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Getting the right card for the s9, s9 plus, look at the read and write speeds, also to be compatible with HD video,etc. I have the Samsung MicroSDXC EVO+ 256G! Runs smooth fast transfers from internal and vice versa. Phone stays cool, doesn't heat up so much, cause it doesn't have to work as hard. 👍