cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
userbR1QXEhpCp
Constellation

SInce Pie update phone wont ring/no notification sound when bluetooth turned on

Since my S9 updated to Android Pie whenever my bluetooth device is turned on...incoming calls/notifications make no sound on the phone. The phone does vibrate and the bluetooth device makes a sound. Prior to the Pie update calls/notifications would play on both the phone and bluetooth device. After working with Samsung Support who cleared all the bluetooth caches now incoming calls have sound on both phone and bluetooth but other notifications do not. Open to suggestions. The Samsung Tech Support agent suggested that maybe the Pie update removed this functionality. If this is the case then I am dissapointed at the removal of this feature.  

15 REPLIES 15
Highlighted
BabyBoi
Asteroid

Re: SInce Pie update phone wont ring/no notification sound when bluetooth turned on

Came here looking for solutios to the same problem. This makes no sense, why take that away, or at least why not give the option to keep it for those who want it. I have missed several texts, messages, and notifications in diff apps since the update. Why change this??

userbR1QXEhpCp
Constellation

Re: SInce Pie update phone wont ring/no notification sound when bluetooth turned on

userbQe15WUXq2
Constellation

My S10 plus is also doing the same.
userEXpC1m6QHM
Constellation

I've got s10 yesterday, and same thing. I thought I will need to RMA new phone, but after some digging I noticed I was getting notifications and vibrations on Galaxy Watch Active. What I have done is in Galaxy Wereable - Notifications turned off "Mute connected phone". I have no idea who was such **** to put that option ON by default.
userlsRmyyYmnu
Astronaut

I have a workaround. 

Install Tasker, and two other plugins called Notification Listener and Blue Task. All are free.

Using Notification Listener, set up profiles for each type of notification you want to receive on your phone while connected to Blue Tooth. Under Tasks, use the Blue Task plugin to check if you're on Bluetooth (you can use If statements to filter specific devices) Set the task to "Play Music" and select the notification sound you want. Be sure to set media stream to Ringtone or Media (not notification) Finally, in System Settings under sound you set "Separate App Sound" to Tasker/Phone. 

Note. Tasker and Notification Listener will run in the background in the notification bar. You can minimize those. If you don't mind getting duplicate notifications you can skip the BlueTask plugin altogether. 

I'm sure there are other similar plugins that will work with this type of solution. Some lucky developer is gonna come up with an app that echoes notifications to the ringtone channel while connected to Bluetooth... And they'll clean house. Haha.

usermiiazZ20jw
Constellation

I'd love to try this... Is it possible for you to copy a task or to and send me the event Chain?

I feel like I'm not technical enough to set all of this up cohesively.

Task chain in hand I can send swap in and out what notifications from where... I hope! 

Unsung
Constellation

Yeah I'm

@userlsRmyyYmnu wrote:

I have a workaround. 

Install Tasker, and two other plugins called Notification Listener and Blue Task. All are free.

Using Notification Listener, set up profiles for each type of notification you want to receive on your phone while connected to Blue Tooth. Under Tasks, use the Blue Task plugin to check if you're on Bluetooth (you can use If statements to filter specific devices) Set the task to "Play Music" and select the notification sound you want. Be sure to set media stream to Ringtone or Media (not notification) Finally, in System Settings under sound you set "Separate App Sound" to Tasker/Phone. 

Note. Tasker and Notification Listener will run in the background in the notification bar. You can minimize those. If you don't mind getting duplicate notifications you can skip the BlueTask plugin altogether. 

I'm sure there are other similar plugins that will work with this type of solution. Some lucky developer is gonna come up with an app that echoes notifications to the ringtone channel while connected to Bluetooth... And they'll clean house. Haha.

waiting for that magical developer to come up with that app!

userynH33m1lhG
Astronaut

Solution:

I have Galaxy Note 8 on verizon. Had same problem. Fixed by fluke. In Bluetooth setting there is advanced setting tab. select ringtone sync off. Made it work. Now i am getting notifications sounds / ringtones, from text and other apps with blue tooth on.

userbR1QXEhpCp
Constellation

Did not work for me...