cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
userynH33m1lhG
Astronaut

Re: SInce Pie update phone wont ring/no notification sound when bluetooth turned on

verizon gave me solution. For individual bluetooth devices, go to settings, remove audio for that bluetooth. Notification / Ringtone would work but media audio wont. Choose wisely........

userO005tz43QT
Constellation

Re: SInce Pie update phone wont ring/no notification sound when bluetooth turned on

So, this made me insane. I use an LG Bluetooth headset constantly and I'm on call for work and HAVE to get my text messages. If I didn't have the earbud in, I didn't get any kind of notification. I finally sort of fixed mine by turning off the "separate app sound"

- settings

- sound and vibration 

- advanced sound settings

- separate app sound. 

I tried this with several messaging apps. Including the Samsung, Verizon Message +and Next SMS. Now I don't get a notification in my headset, and my headset doesn't vibrate but I hear my notifications ring tone.... 

userMZhgEXnAIH
Constellation

Samsung chat told me to clear my cache. Here is the video link they gave me. I'm waiting to see if it works. It did not wipe any personal data when I did it. 

SAMSUNG Galaxy Note8 WIPE CACHE PARTITION / Format Cache

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KEYI91VF16U&feature=youtu.be

How to wipe cache in SAMSUNG Galaxy Note8? How to format cache partition in SAMSUNG Galaxy Note8? How to wipe temporary cache files in SAMSUNG Galaxy Note8? How to delte cache files in SAMSUNG Galaxy Note8? If you would like clean up your cache you should watch this video. Check ou thow to enter ...
userHnegpUz4Nm
Constellation

Had the same problem and fixed it. Go to bluetooth and tap the three dots in the top right corner. Tap "advanced". Uncheck "ringtone sync". 

Bluetooth device should disconnect and reconnect. That fixed it for me. 

userI0jJJwZVqo
Astronaut

Mine was doing the same, but I had my Do Not Disturb on in the settings 🤔😁

useriAEfOqYSVm
Constellation

Re: SInce Pie update phone wont ring/no notification sound when bluetooth turn..

Yes yes yes