JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Edge Panel disappeared after July AT&T update

(Topic created: 08-07-2020 01:00 PM)
userNp48TOTk3c
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S Phones

The edge pannel and even the edge pannel menu option in the edge screen settings completely disappeared after the July OS update.  

Rebooted, wiped cache partition and still nothing.  
0 Likes
8 Replies
Options
Galaxy S Phones
for which phone? In your setthings under display you should be able to turn it back on
0 Likes
userNp48TOTk3c
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S Phones
iIt is an S9
0 Likes
userNp48TOTk3c
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S Phones
Can't. the edge pannel settings are missing.
0 Likes
ktt
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S Phones
same here
0 Likes
plano-mano
Red Giant
Options
Galaxy S Phones

check

settings -> display -> edge screen -> edge panels

0 Likes
JohnLoose
Supernova
Options
Galaxy S Phones

@userNp48TOTk3c 

Does this help article assist you? https://gadgetguideonline.com/s9/how-to-use-galaxy-s9-edge-screen-on-galaxy-s9-and-s9/ or https://www.samsung.com/us/support/answer/ANS00077671/ 

If so, let us know which step worked here so others can know as well.

You can also try  Settings > Display > Easy Mode, and select 'Standard Mode'. After that, in Settings > Display > Edge Screen, does the option of 'Edge Panels' appear for you?

---

Be sure to click" ✓ Accept as Solution" if you found this reply solved your issue or pointed you in the right direction. You can also click the heart to let me know your appreciation! 
0 Likes
JohnLoose
Supernova
Options
Galaxy S Phones

@userNp48TOTk3c did this answer your original inquiry?

If so, can you click "Accept as a solution" on the post that helped so that others know the answer here?

Thanks so much!

0 Likes
Solution
userNp48TOTk3c
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S Phones

I found the solution through trial and error...

Somehow after the OS update, "Easy mode" got set to on (Settings>Display>Easy mode).  While Easy mode is on, "Edge Panels" option disappears from the Settings>Display>Edge Screen menu.  

I turned off Easy Mode and then the "Edge Panels" option reappeared in the Edge Screen Menu (Settings>Display>Edge Screen>Edge Panels) where I was able to turn them back on.

Thanks,

Ross