cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Asteroid

Samsung Account 2FA Backup Codes Missing On Galaxy S9

Samsung Account 2FA Backup Codes Missing

Today I enabled two factor authentication for my Samsung Account. I went to the location where the back-up codes should be generated and get an error of some kind. The pictures below show the steps I took and what I am talking about. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated. If I lose my phone I have no way to enter Find My Mobile by Samsung because it will send the 2FA code to my phone. As you can see for that scenario, I really need these backup codes.

• It is not a work phone

• I have no known administrator type settings active

• Galaxy S9 / Android 10 / One UI 2 / T-Mobile

1.jpg2.jpg3.jpg

4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted
Product Expert

Re: Samsung Account 2FA Backup Codes Missing On Galaxy S9

i suggest switching this function by going into :

Settings/ Lock Screen/ Secure Lock Settings/ then disable "Local Network And Security"

On older phones it will be called "Reactivation Lock" then attempt the 2FA again.

hope this helps! 

Highlighted
Samsung Care Ambassador

Hey, 

I installed the Samsung account update from the galaxy store. Two step verification is now mandatory.

I still had the same option to turn on/off the two step verification security setting as you have. I've never seen a message error like that before. If you haven't already done so open system settings and search for administrators and if any are enabled turn them off. You might also try system settings, apps, show system apps, Samsung account and clear the cache files. Try reentering your phone number and ask for backup codes again. 

I factory data reset and the option for turning two step verification on/off is no longer on the settings menu. 

I didn't have any issues I always factory reset the device after a major system update for a fresh clean install. If you decide to do this be sure to to turn off two step verification and you might be able to setup the Samsung account during the initial phone setup process without the two step verification security feature getting in the way. If it does show up. 

We have three options during the device setup when trying to setup the Samsung account. Send a verification code which does not work. Use a backup code which you don't have and skip. Select skip and set up a Samsung account after the initial setup process is finished. 

Best regards, 

CLF 

Highlighted
Asteroid

Thanks for the replies in this thread.  Sorry for the delay this post was flagged as spamm at 1st and I missed the notification it was reinstated.  I can't try either solution as I got fed up with the issues and purchased a phone from that other manufacturer we shall not speak of here.   I appreciate the effort to help, stay safe and healthy out there.

Highlighted
Samsung Care Ambassador

Hey, 

@cMc214

Thanks for the update. Wish I could have been more helpful. Enjoy the new phone I've heard it's pretty good.

Take care and be careful out there. 

Best regards, 

CLF