cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Constellation

Samsung Cloud Backup and Restoring

Hi there. I got a Samsung s10 back in sept 19. The Sprint store guy set the messages settings to delete txt msgs after they reach 100 in chat to save space. Problem is i need some of those old deleted txt msgs. I logged into my samsung cloud acct and there is a backup file from my S9 still in there. Question is can i buy an S8 and then restore that backup with the texts i need to the S8 phone i buy without hurting the msgs on my s10? Id appreciate any feed back or tech support. also do i need to activate the phone to restore the msgs or just hook it up to wifi and restore the old back up????

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Samsung Care Ambassador

Re: Samsung Cloud Backup and Restoring

Hey, 

I haven't tried this so it's more of a question than an answer. 

if you back up your current S10 messages. Then open the S9 cloud backup and use its restore option to restore the old messages to the S10 Will it add those to the current messages or remove and replace the current messages with the old ones?

If it removes and replaces the current S10 messages you can always use the S10 backup you just updated to restore your S10 messages.

There might be someone in the community who has tried this or knows how the restore functions when using two different backups to restore.

I would wait and see what they say before trying it. I really just liked the topic and the really good question you have about this. 

Best regards, 

CLF 

Highlighted
Constellation

Thanks for the input and questions! I kinda thought that too, but for now I was going to just buy a used S8 and restore those old ones, that way they are saved and i can access them until I get a real solution from Samsung or an expert on here! 

Thanks again! 

Dave

Highlighted
Samsung Care Ambassador

Hey, 

@Noizee

I had a feeling that you might have considered that.

It would be a good in app option to be able to export them into folders that we can sort by date or conversion. I think a lot of people would use it.

Thanks for the post, 

Take care, 

CLF