cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Cosmic Ray

Samsung DeX Notification Nuisance

JUMP TO SOLUTION

After updating my Samsung Galaxy S9 to Android 10, I've noticed an annoying "feature". Every time I plug my phone into my PC, a notification from DeX for PC appears on my phone telling me about Samsung DeX. This notification can be cleared, but there is no way to acknowledge it (so it stops appearing) or turning off the notification. And because it happens every time, it's quickly become a nuisance. Is there any workaround or fix? I've tried to support it, but the official FAQ is useless because there is no Samsung DeX option in the Settings menu, thus no way to select the Contact Us option.

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Comet

Re: Samsung DeX Notification Nuisance

JUMP TO SOLUTION

There is no way to disable the notification at the current time.

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
Highlighted
Comet

JUMP TO SOLUTION

There is no way to disable the notification at the current time.

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

This is not true. Disabling the app disables the notifications. By the sounds of it, if it annoys you then you don't care if it's disabled, in which case follow the instructions here:

Go to Settings

Go to Apps

Click on 3 dots (mine is located in the upper-right corner)

Choose 'Show System Apps'

Choose 'DeX for PC'

I chose 'FORCE STOP' and then 'DISABLE'.

https://www.reddit.com/r/galaxynote10/comments/d7hty4/samsung_dex_notification/f2ebcpn?utm_medium=an...

Highlighted
Cosmic Ray

JUMP TO SOLUTION

It isn't possible. The Disable option is disabled for all three Samsung DeX apps. Already tried.

Highlighted
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Yup.  Same experience here.  Dex disabled but notification still pops up every time I access the TV with HDMI.

Highlighted
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Unwarranted. I was looking for a good reason to switch to Apple. 

They are only doing this for terms and conditions purposes. Circumventing lawsuits, for your company's best interest should not involve a customer being notified at 2:43am in the morning. 

I was a big fan of Samsung, but this is the last straw. 

Highlighted
Cosmic Ray

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hey Ken C, how do I get the old DeX mode to work? I don't have a pc and it is my only option.

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I don't know about others but the solution for forcing stop and disable the DEX system app (as suggested by @usera8iXwU0dz2 worked for me. So there is a way.

I don't get the notification anymore when plugging it in to my notebook with a USB-C cable.

My real problem is that DEX doesnt work for me - it connects to the Windows 10 app, even my keyboard works on the phone, but the display is not shown on Windows.

Any ideas on that would be appreciated.

Highlighted
Cosmic Ray

JUMP TO SOLUTION

If you disabled the app, that's probably why.

However, on my phone the option to disable the DeX system app is itself disabled. And force stopping doesn't prevent the notification either.