cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
rach98n
Constellation

Samsung Email not syncing Gmail randomly

Galaxy S9 using the Samsung email app for several (3) email accounts.  One is a gmail account that I've previously had no issue with.  Now lately, it will randomly not load the gmail.  It says it is syncing and shows no errors, but if I go to the gmail app, I'll have several emails waiting.  Sometimes it will load up one or 2, sometimes nothing, sometimes all of them.  This is a new problem over the past couple of weeks.  I haven't made any changes to the phone.

11 REPLIES 11
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: Samsung Email not syncing Gmail randomly

Do you experience these symptoms if you try to sync your e-mails with your device in safe mode?

rach98n
Constellation

Good question.  I'll try using that for a while.  The thing is it's quite hard to troubleshoot since sometimes the emails come and sometimes they don't.  I'll try it.

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Wonderful. Please keep us posted if you have any further questions.

userWxpD7Eq4hy
Astronaut

I've been having the exact issue for quite some time now, and safe mode doesnt fix the issue. It also doesnt help to clear the app cache or the cache partition.

rach98n
Constellation

I was looking at other apps to try yesterday, but decided to try deleting the Samsung app and reinstalling (take note of your account setup first!).  This is seeming to work for now.

Veestagg112
Astronaut

I switched to outlook. All my emails in one place and syn...

I switched to outlook. All my emails in one place and syncs appts right to my calendar

rach98n
Constellation

Re: I switched to outlook. All my emails in one place and syn...

I may have to try this and just switch applications.  The Samsung email always synced all my email in one place, but has been a problem only for the last couple weeks.

userw9fCUcOgib
Constellation

Reset app

Reset app

rach98n
Constellation

Re: Reset app

Do you mean delete the entire Samsung email app and reload it? I have removed the Gmail account and re-added it that seemed to work for about a day