cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Constellation

Samsung Galaxy 9S disabling Bixby

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I have a Samsung Galaxy 9S which had Bixby disabled.  Now that I have recently updated it, BIXBY IS BACK!  I HATE it!  How do I disable it now?

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Honored Contributor

Re: Samsung Galaxy 9S disabling Bixby

JUMP TO SOLUTION

You cannot, with the latest update Bixby is unable to be disabled. 

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.
Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted
Honored Contributor

JUMP TO SOLUTION

You cannot, with the latest update Bixby is unable to be disabled. 

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.
Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Go to home screen settings (use thumb and finger "pinch" motion), swipe to your far left screen which should be labeled "Bixby Home".  Tap the toggle button in the upper right corner.  Bixby is now disabled.  Note:  I previously disabled the physical Bixby button, and that functionality did not come back with the Bixby home screen during the last update.

Highlighted
Anonymous
Not applicable

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I was so glad I finally found this solution to eliminate the Bixby home page on my S8+.  That resolved a big portion of my annoyance with Bixby.  Unfortunately this doesn't disable the Bixby button at all, and the options that sort of disable the button do not kick in unless you complete the Bixby setup, which requires you to accept the Bixby terms and conditions, which give the app and thus Samsung full rights to the data on the phone -- rights that you cannot subsequently revoke, and even if you could, the front door was fully opened for them to get access to all of your data that can be transferred to a cloud and, eventually, to the dark web.  

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

The toggle 3 dots does not give you an option to disable Bixby on my S9.