cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
usermvGaKuKGh4
Asteroid

Samsung Galaxy S9 System UI is not responding

JUMP TO SOLUTION

On T-Mobile and have been experiencing frequent lock ups on phone. After a few seconds the phone will either resume operation after displaying error message about System UI or it will just reboot itself. Happens in all sorts of situations; opening the app drawer, switching between open apps, summoning the keyboard to interact with a text field. I have already performed a factory reset and have also experienced the same issues in safe mode. Any suggestions welcome. 

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
usermvGaKuKGh4
Asteroid

Re: Samsung Galaxy S9 System UI is not responding

JUMP TO SOLUTION

After trying another factory reset I went to the local t-mobile store. They referred me to the local samsung store, would have been at least an hour drive, or to go through the warranty process via telephone and wait for a new phone to be delivered on Tuesday. 

Instead I found the firmware for my model phone online and following some instructions on XDA Developers was able to flash the firmware to my phone in less than 15 minutes. Phone is operating good as new now with no problems. 

If anyone is here reading this because they've googled around and found this thread, save yourself some headache and either just go through the warranty if you're still covered / feel like waiting about a few days or look up flashing your rom on the XDA threads. Very helpful information at those forums and knowledgeable people willing to help you find the resources you need. Total opposite experience from any of these official venues. 

4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted
Honored Contributor

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hello @usermvGaKuKGh4

Just to verify, you mentioned that you did a factory reset. After you had completed that, did you add back your apps and data right away, or did you test the device before that?

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

usermvGaKuKGh4
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION
Tested first. Phone is still stock after reset.
Honored Contributor

JUMP TO SOLUTION

In that case, definitely reach out to Samsung directly via Phone (1-800-SAMSUNG/1-800-726-7864) to set up a repair. Naturally you can also reach out to your carrier to see if they have a different option you might like more or maybe someone here in the Community has some other ideas!

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

usermvGaKuKGh4
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

After trying another factory reset I went to the local t-mobile store. They referred me to the local samsung store, would have been at least an hour drive, or to go through the warranty process via telephone and wait for a new phone to be delivered on Tuesday. 

Instead I found the firmware for my model phone online and following some instructions on XDA Developers was able to flash the firmware to my phone in less than 15 minutes. Phone is operating good as new now with no problems. 

If anyone is here reading this because they've googled around and found this thread, save yourself some headache and either just go through the warranty if you're still covered / feel like waiting about a few days or look up flashing your rom on the XDA threads. Very helpful information at those forums and knowledgeable people willing to help you find the resources you need. Total opposite experience from any of these official venues.