cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Constellation

Samsung Galaxy s9+, Verizon April 2019 Security Update causing Bluetooth connectivity issue with VW

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Thank you in advance to whomever is reading this and attempting to assist. As of April 20th 2020 there was a Security Update to Verizon, Andriod, Samsung Galaxy S9+. Update is SMR Apr-2020 Release 1. Since that update, I've been unable to connect my phone as a media device to my 2013 JETTA Hybrid. This was the only change that I can think of since the bluetooth connection stopped working. I've factory reset my system in my VW. I've restarted my phone. I've forgotten the connection and then paired it again. The phone works as a call and contact pairing with my car. I can take calls, search through my contacts and make calls. But when I click Media, it says there is "No Media Connected". I looked at the bluetooth setting in my phone and the option to select device as "Media" for the bluetooth audio connection, is not an option anymore. There is only an option to toggle "Calls" and "Contact Access". Any help is appreciated. Does anyone know what else could be causing this issue. My gfs iPhone connects to my bluetooth in my VW and works as a bluetooth media device. So it seems like its the Galaxys issue. Phone worked fine to pair as of a few weeks ago. There has not been any update to the car.

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: Samsung Galaxy s9+, Verizon April 2019 Security Update causing Bluetooth connectivity issue w...

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Have you tried forgetting the pairing on both devices and then re-adding? Have you wiped the cache partition since the update?

1. Turn off the device.
  2. Press and hold the Volume Up key and the Bixby key, then press and hold the Power key.
  3. When the Android logo displays, release all three keys.
  4. An 'Installing system update' message will show for 30 - 60 seconds before the Android system recovery menu options appear.
  5. Press the Volume down key several times to highlight wipe cache partition.
  6. Press Power key to select.
  7. Press the Volume down key to highlight yes, them and press the Power key to select.
  8. When the wipe cache partition is complete, Reboot system now is highlighted.
  9. Press the Power key to restart the device.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: Samsung Galaxy s9+, Verizon April 2019 Security Update causing Bluetooth connectivity issue w...

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Have you tried forgetting the pairing on both devices and then re-adding? Have you wiped the cache partition since the update?

1. Turn off the device.
  2. Press and hold the Volume Up key and the Bixby key, then press and hold the Power key.
  3. When the Android logo displays, release all three keys.
  4. An 'Installing system update' message will show for 30 - 60 seconds before the Android system recovery menu options appear.
  5. Press the Volume down key several times to highlight wipe cache partition.
  6. Press Power key to select.
  7. Press the Volume down key to highlight yes, them and press the Power key to select.
  8. When the wipe cache partition is complete, Reboot system now is highlighted.
  9. Press the Power key to restart the device.

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Thank you so much. Resetting the Cache partition and resetting the phone fixed it! I had already tried forgetting the bluetooth pairing and repairing, that didn't work before. But after following your steps. It's back to normal with the "audio" pairing option now available.

Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Great! I'm glad to hear it. You are very welcome!