cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Astronaut

Samsung Members app storage space is blowing up

Over the last day, something has been eating up my phones storage space. This morning I checked and Samsung Members is taking up 11 GB of storage. I looked this evening and Samsung Members is now taking up almost 13 GB. What is happening?

34 REPLIES 34
Highlighted
Astronaut

Re: Samsung Members app storage space is blowing up

Yikes might just wanna delete and reinstall.

Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Have you tried force stopping the app and clearing the cache and data for the Samsung Members app? Have you tried wiping the cache partition on your device?

Highlighted
Astronaut

Ended up going with deleting the app data and cache. I have a suspicion it was updates that had been downloaded but not installed. Seems to be better now. I'll update if it changes.

Highlighted
Asteroid

I deleted storage once it got to 5 GB. 

In two days it went to 3.4GB.

I have since uninstalled but have yet to reinstall. 

I tweeted Samsung support they don't even understand the issue (say it's my fault for using it so much and causing the heavy data use. I never use this app and I'm reporting storage size not data use!) 

Loyal Samsung buyer and I feel betrayed. 

Highlighted
Asteroid

It did the same thing to me! I kept getting alerts from it about low storage space, only to find ITS the thing eating up all of my storage. I hated all the random alerts anyway, so I happily deleted it. 

Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Could I please have the software version of the Members app?

Highlighted
Constellation

Mine has been giving me warnings and I finally found it was Samsung Members app taking up 20 GB of storage, yes, 20 GB - I cleared cache and data and things are reasonable at the moment - my version is on a Galaxy S9 12.2.05.6 version for Samsung Members app

Highlighted
Constellation

I'm having the same issue. Also Galaxy S9 and same 12.2.05.6 version of the Samsung Members app. Mine is at 13 GB and growing.

Highlighted
Astronaut

Same issue.  Mine was using 13GB.  Kept clearing storage but phone just kept filling up again until I discovered it was this app.   Seem like it only started in the last few days.