Samsung Galaxy S9+ 64GB unlocked

Highlighted
Constellation

Re: Samsung Members app storage space is blowing up

I have the Note 8, Same problem, was at 9.8 GB. Version #12.02.05.6

Highlighted
Astronaut

22 GB before I discovered the Samsung Members app even existed on my phone. I deleted a massive amount of docs, videos, images, & apps that I actually did want before discovering this. Uninstalled. 

Highlighted
Constellation

@Nkbarbee38 I did the same thing! I had to continuously delete more and more of my images, videos and apps just to be able to use my phone because it couldn't run on the low storage. I ended up deleting my entire gallery and 90% of my apps before I figured out that Samsung Members was taking up 24 GB

Highlighted
Samsung Care Ambassador

Looks like the members app is using background data. You can limit the background usage by doing the following

-tap and hold on the Samsung members app

-select app info

-select mobile data

-toggle off allow background data usage

Highlighted
Constellation

Well with this many complaints for people that have never even used the app, I would say Samsung has an issue. Been dogged with storage issues for about a week before I found the Members app was up to 26GB. Deleting it left my phone bricked for almost 5 minutes before it recovered. Not impressed Samsung. 

Highlighted
Constellation

It is a Samsung app! It is your issue! I was up to 21 gigs and it was smothering my phone, and caused me to spend endless time on deletions just to use my phone. Deleting it left my phone bricked as well for almost 5 minutes before it recovered. I had never even used the app, so delete. Stop passing blame, Samsung!

Highlighted
Astronaut

Over 34GB for me. 34, what the heck Samsung?! I was deleting things and moving everything I could, the whole time wondering how I could have used that much space. 😡

Highlighted
Constellation

This happened to my dads phone.  It only has 16G but hes a very light user and has pictures and video going to a memory card.  Out of know where all the memory was filled.  Verizon store couldnt figure out what was taking up all the space.  Blamed it on the old/cheap phone.  Deleted his work texts and some other stuff trying to make space.   Eventually told him he needs a new phone.  I finally got a chance to look at it and found  samsung members app taking up 5G and deleted it.  If i didn't know a good amount about phones he probably would of bought a new one for no reason.  i wonder how many people actually did

Highlighted
Constellation

Quite the coincidence that this issue springs up about the same time that marketing for the S20 ramps up. Running out of storage on your old phone? Go ahead and upgrade to the latest and greatest! Rather suspicious...