cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Constellation

Re: Samsung Members app storage space is blowing up

I work at a corporate retailer for one of the big 4 carriers and I've seen many many people coming in with this app eating up a quarter of the storage. Today I've seen 2 issues with  this app

Highlighted
Samsung Care Ambassador

Just wanted to give everyone a heads-up notice that the Samsung members app has an update that addresses data consumption.

Version: 12.02.05.8SmartSelect_20200224-203323_Google Play Store.jpg

Highlighted
Astronaut

Mine did the same thing.  Noticed it a few days ago.  It maxed out my HD (Galaxy S9).  Took forever to find it.  Cleared the data and the cache, which was up to 13gb at the time.  Within 3 days, it maxed it out again.  Uninstalled. 

Highlighted
Constellation

Mine was using 45 GB. This strange new Samsung Members app. I cleared the cache and deleted the app data, then uninstalled the app. 

It was showing 2 MB left on my internal 128GB storage of Note 9.

Highlighted
Constellation

This app used all of my free space.  I ordered a new SD card, deleted pictures, music, and files that I wanted to keep.  Absolutely crazy that this app that I never knew existed could screw me so hard.  I was looking at the new S20 a few days ago, I am truly considering an iPhone at this point.

Highlighted
Astronaut

Mine was taking up 50 GB, I've spent the last 3 weeks or so deleting all of my photos, apps, videos, etc. Just to find out that the whole reason I had no storage was because of Samsung. 

Highlighted
Constellation

Did you do the update? I also deleted it and will never trust it, now. What a pain. But since the "Samsung Care Ambassador" (looks good in print, but really didn't help soon enough) has said they addressed it in an update, I wondered if you tried it first. When I deleted mine, it seemed that we were all the feedback that was free support, instead of Samsung doing this. I wonder if they will delete this comment, like the last honest one I posted......

Highlighted
Astronaut

Yeah these phones aren't cheap either and we are dependent on the mb, I cant put mine down,just like an addiction