cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Cosmic Ray

Samsung Messages App

Hi,

I have constant issues with the Samsung default messaging app with sending photos to people. It takes forever for the app to load the photo into the messaging thread. Sometimes crashing the app. I have to restart my phone for the app to quickly load the picture into the text. That gets pretty annoying to constantly have to restart your phone just to send a photo to someone via the default messaging app. 
But the phone has Zero problems sending photos via other messaging platforms, like Groupme, FB Messenger, or WhatsApp. I can send photos with those apps with no problem, but the default messaging app performs the worst when trying to send photos. 
1 REPLY 1
Highlighted
Cosmic Ray

Re: Samsung Messages App

This is what worked for me after 4 days of not getting or sending text and pictures.
RESOLUTION- SO FAR.... ALL MY TEXTS CAME IN AND I COULD SEND TEXT, PICTURES AND GIFS!
I wasn't going to do all the trouble shooting again because I had already done it so many times. But this is what helped. I hope it works for you.
1.) Go to settings- SYSTEM UPDATES- tap update Profile and update PRL
2.) Go to settings- connections mobile network- tap network mode- tap CDMA
**Important- dont pick the CDMA/LTE**
3) I asked him what he did on his end.
He said he did a system update with his tools on his end.
As soon as I switched to the CDMA ALL my text came thru. I hope this is a permanent fix. I guess I will see tomorrow! GOOD LUCK! 🤞🤞