cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Astronaut

Re: Samsung Music hasn't been recognizing album artwork since upgrading to Android 9

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Uninstall and Reinstall the app @Jamess467  @userCI7PuHsBie @SamsungJace @userLxUHr5D5VQ 

you're welcome Smiley Happy

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Asteroid

Re: Samsung Music hasn't been recognizing album artwork since upgrading to Android 9

JUMP TO SOLUTION

That worked perfectly! Thank you lots.

Highlighted
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

If reinstalling doesn't help, try my solution posted in this same thread.

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@user9yqP4ZcYDk wrote:

Uninstall and Reinstall the app @Jamess467  @userCI7PuHsBie @SamsungJace @userLxUHr5D5VQ 

you're welcome Smiley Happy

This method did not work for me unfortunately. Do you have any others ideas for me. It's getting real stressful

Highlighted
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

If reinstalling doesn't help, try this. The problem is not with the album cover art so changing it may or may not help for that individual album. First, I tried clearing the cache and clearing the data and that did not work. Then I tried reinstalling, that didn't work either. So if this last step doesn't work, maybe try doing the things I did up until now, then try again. To start, remove the app from the recents app drawer and force stop the Samsung Music app. Next clear the cache. Now, in your My Files app, make sure "Show hidden system files" is enabled in the settings. Go to the path "Internal Storage/Music" and you will see a hidden folder named ".thumbnails" which holds all the album covers. Simply delete that folder, start up Samsung Music, and the app should regenerate the folder along with the album covers (unless you actually did mess something up with the album cover tag in the files themselves). Hope this helps.

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Yes. That was exactly what I needed. Thank you.