cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
userCI7PuHsBie
Asteroid

Samsung Music hasn't been recognizing album artwork since upgrading to Android 9

JUMP TO SOLUTION

My Samsung Music app hasn't been recognizing album artwork since upgrading to Android 9. All of my previous music's album artwork still shows up, but none of the music I've added since upgrading has shown album artwork. It's entirely blank. I'm using a Samsung Galaxy S9 and Android 9.0. Samsung Music is on version 16.2.16.10.

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
user9yqP4ZcYDk
Astronaut

Re: Samsung Music hasn't been recognizing album artwork since upgrading to Android 9

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Uninstall and Reinstall the app @Jamess467  @userCI7PuHsBie @SamsungJace @userLxUHr5D5VQ 

you're welcome Smiley Happy

11 REPLIES 11
Samsung Care Ambassador

Re: Samsung Music hasn't been recognizing album artwork since upgrading to Android 9

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I'm having the same issue.  I hope there is a fix for this. .

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hello there, have either of you tried clearing the cache of the music application?

Samsung Care Ambassador

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I can't speak for the original poster of this thread,  but personally I have cleared the cache partition.  But that didn't work. 

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@Jamess467 could you provide your full model code and current Samsung Music app version?

Samsung Care Ambassador

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Model code of the device is sm-G965U the version of the app is 16.2.16.10

userCI7PuHsBie
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hi Jace. I have cleared the cache for Samsung Music as well. It didn't solve the problem.

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I am currently escalating this to our specialized team and as soon as I hear back I'll let you know.

userCI7PuHsBie
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

If it's any help, here are a few extra details. It doesn't seem to affect music downloaded from the Play store, only music downloaded from other locations (that still have album artwork metadata included). It also seems that the album artwork also isn't recognized in the My Files app for non-Google Play music.

The problem also continues to occur no matter how the files are transferred. It still happens if they're transferred via USB-C cable from a PC, downloaded by the phone through Firefox, downloaded in a .zip file on the phone through Firefox, or downloaded via the Google Drive app.

userLxUHr5D5VQ
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I seem to have the same issue.

Samsung Music suddenly does not recognize any of the information in the ID3 tag for a good portion of my music.

Prior to the Adroid 9 upgrade I had no issues at all.

Sumsung Music version 16.2.16.10

Android 9.0

Galaxy Note 9