cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Constellation

Re: Samsung Pass, fingerprint login on websites not working since update

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Try registering the same fingerprint multiple times, it really helps improve detection.

Highlighted
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@userZ8byatuagW wrote:

Try registering the same fingerprint multiple times, it really helps improve detection.

It is not the the fingerprint detection that is not working, it does not give me the option in internet app to apply fingerprint since update.

The fingerprint logon screen only comes up when using my internet banking but does not show when trying to log on to any websites throught samsung internet or chrome.

All my details are stored in samsung pass, its just the ability to be able to use it

Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Thank you for providing that information.

Have you reached out to the Web page developers of the sites you are browsing to ensure they are compatible with the most recent bio-metric security systems?

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

Highlighted
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

They all worked fine before software updates, it was only after and it is all sites im trying to access not just a couple

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION
Go to setting --> apps--> Samsung Pass (click on the 3 dots on the right hand corner) --> uninstall updates. This will reset Samsung Pass, which erase all of saved passwords but will definitely fix the issue.
Highlighted
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

The same thing is happening to me too!!! I know just what you are talking about.

Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Clear cache partition, very easy to do, i googled it and it worked Smiley Happy

Highlighted
Samsung Care Ambassador

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I just cleared the cache and data using settings apps and also from within the Samsung Pass app. I also deleted every entry listed for web sites and apps. 

If I opened a website login page that was listed in Samsung Pass it would notify me to use my biometrics to enter the email address and password  When I used my fingerprint the notification fades away but doesn't enter the data  

I'm going to visit a few login pages to see if it offers save the login information so I can use Samsung Pass the next time I visit and log in. 

CLF

Update. Login page My T-mobile, My AT&T, Florida Sunpass, Samsung Community,  Samsung Pass doesn't seem to be active. 

Highlighted
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Clear cache partition. I googled how to donit and it worked Smiley Happy

Highlighted
Constellation

I have 9s+ mine doesnt work either most of time

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I have 9s+ mine doesnt work either most of time