cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
usermrrE462FEx
Constellation

Samsung S9 Camera Blurry

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Whenever I open the camera its blurry and out of focus for at least 5 seconds. It seems to be stuck on a really near focus until the Auto Focus kicks in This also extends to apps like snapchat

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Supernova

Re: Samsung S9 Camera Blurry

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hey, @usermrrE462FEx, due to the nature of your camera's multiple apertures, this is the nature of your device choosing the correct thing to focus on after launching the device.

I would suggest clearing your device's cache to see if this impacts the speed of this feature.

1. Power off your device
2. Power it back on by holding down the Volume Up, Home/Bixby, and Power keys.
3. When you see the Android laying down, wait for 30 seconds until it boots into the Recovery Menu.
4. From here, use the volume up/down keys to highlight "Wipe Cache partition" and select it with the power key.

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

View solution in original post

23 REPLIES 23
Supernova

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hey, @usermrrE462FEx, due to the nature of your camera's multiple apertures, this is the nature of your device choosing the correct thing to focus on after launching the device.

I would suggest clearing your device's cache to see if this impacts the speed of this feature.

1. Power off your device
2. Power it back on by holding down the Volume Up, Home/Bixby, and Power keys.
3. When you see the Android laying down, wait for 30 seconds until it boots into the Recovery Menu.
4. From here, use the volume up/down keys to highlight "Wipe Cache partition" and select it with the power key.

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

View solution in original post

userj57AogXRNP
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I tried these steps and did a software update but it still doesn't work. 

userT81sx9KZu9
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I have the same problem, I had the phone for 2 days and the camera is blurry when it's on AUTO mode. I'm going back to the att and see if I can return the phone.

userKA5fek6EpX
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Same here. Have you found a fix. I've even tried shaking the phone as some say works. 

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Can you please provide me with your full model number, baseband version, and carrier?

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

userDidwX416WK
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

My camera only focuses when im 3-4 inches away or in X2 zoom. Phone is less than 30 days old. Tried all suggestions on here. AT&T SM-G65U Baseband GS965USQS3BRJ6

userCD0q8CHZvg
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I went into Camera Settings - Edit Camera Modes - Front Camera and turned off "Selfie focus".  That might help some of you.

- Laserlord

Croatoanian
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I'm having the same problem . The phone is only a couple months old, and never been dropped. 

None of my iPhones ever did this. It's extremely frustrating.

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@Croatoanian Have you tried the troubleshooting steps in this thread?

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.