cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
MsAprilcot
Constellation

Samsung S9 front facing camera zooms in on single person selfie mode

I have seen a few threads on this topic and read through a lot of them. I created this new discussion board because some of those boards have been falsely marked as "solved". The problem (which, from what I can tell, has been a problem since the new updates in April) is that when the front facing camera is set on single person selfie mode it will take a picture and then the actual photo will be zoomed in (otherwise known as CROPPED on every side) for an unknown reason. Camera settings all on default, never been changed. No face correction filters are on. Save photo as previewed is on. There is literally no setting or reason this should be happening. Other threads have suggested "the solution" to be switching from single person selfie mode to group selfie mode which widens the angle of the shot, but will actually not crop the photo you take. Fine solution if you don't care about your phone not working properly which I find offensive that Samsung actually marked that as a solution. I want answers. I want updates. I want a properly working phone. 

And here is some more info for the techies since I saw it requested on another discussion thread:

Model number: SM-G960U

Software version: G960USQS4CSC8

Carrier: Sprint 

8 REPLIES 8
userQa5LDb942L
Constellation

I'm experiencing the same problem with my Samsung S9+

I'm experiencing the same problem with my Samsung S9+

userwj0KQ0tDBI
Asteroid

Same problem. Swapped out phones just to be sure. Yep. It...

Same problem. Swapped out phones just to be sure. Yep. It's on all or at least a very lot, if it's up to date.

Comet

Re: Samsung S9 front facing camera zooms in on single person selfie mode

I agree that switching to group mode is not a "solution" to the individual mode not behaving properly, especially since it's not possible to make it default to the group mode -- you have to remember to switch it every time. I do not thing Samsung or its employees and Ambassadors have been marking threads as solved. I think (but could be mistaken) that it is the original poster who has the ability to do so. Since this is your thread, you should have control over it. I did have the cropping issue, but it appears to have been resolved by a recent update (with the June 1 security patch) on Xfinity Mobile. Is Sprint already on that same patch level?

Dan
Galaxy S9 SM-G960U on Xfinity Mobile + Gear S2 Classic
MsAprilcot
Constellation

Not sure what carriers have to do with patches. I'm not a techie. Last patch was apparently April 1st. Not sure if that's the same patch as yours. Screenshot_20190629-182716_Software update.jpg

Comet

Samsung provides updated data files to the carriers, but...

Samsung provides updated data files to the carriers, but the carriers actually push them to their phones, and on no particular schedule. They all take time to update their own additional software (i.e., bloatware) to be compatible with the new update and perform testing. It does sound like Sprint is still on an older version. Try searching manually for software updates every few days. Hopefully you'll get the June patch soon.

Dan
Galaxy S9 SM-G960U on Xfinity Mobile + Gear S2 Classic
MissChing
Astronaut

My last software update was the June 1st 2019 patch on T-Mobile, however, I'm still having the same issue. Before the automatic updates, it wasn't as zoomed in and it wouldn't crop my photos on individual selfie mode. 

Samsung_6hATeAr
Constellation

This issue has been driving me crazy since I got this phone.   Ultimately messed up a bunch of selfies i was trying to take with some comedians I met last night.   The selfie with my husband and Joe Gatto from Impractical Jokers got cut off bc I forgot to switch to group mode.   

This is worse than it seems.  Countless memories ruined bc of this stupid bug.  LET ME SET MY DEFAULT TO GROUP MODE IF YOU AREN'T GOING TO FIX THIS!

Samsung_AXI8IjG
Astronaut

can you reply, I'm trying to figure out the common topic