cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Asteroid

Samsung S9 note issues after update.

Since the update, I have been having all sorts of issues with my s9 note. The rear camera will not focus unless it is in live mode. predictive text and spell-check work intermittently. I cannot set the alarms properly limited options and the current alarm that I had previously set to say the time out loud no longer says its 7 am instead it is reading the time number for number i.e its 7 semicolon zero zero am. I have lost data in some apps and my email is not working correctly. I am finding other issues intermittently with various apps. Calendar missing. have lost the home button and cannot clear the running apps. This is frustrating! I spent 1hr chatting to Samsung they told me to take the phone to a store (which due to the current situation all stores have closed). I need my camera to work as the kids need to send photos of their work to the teachers. Help! When is Samsung going to have a fix? . 

6 REPLIES 6
Highlighted
Product Expert

Re: Samsung S9 note issues after update.

Hello  icJoJo2,

Id like to try and help you fix this issue with your camera. Please try these to trouble shoot and hopefully fix your issue.

Clear Camera app Cache

1.Open settings>apps

2.Find and tap on the Camera app

3.Tap on Storage

4.Slect Clear cache

Clear Camera app Data

1.Open Settings>apps

2.Find and tap on the Camera app

3. Tap on Storage

4.Slect clear Data

If those dont work you can try to Clear the system Cache by,

!.powering off the device

2.Press and hold the volume up+ bixby keys then press and hold power key.

3.An installing system update message will appear for 30-60 seconds before the Android system recovery menu options appear.

5.Press the Volume down key several times tll you Highlight the wipe cache partition.

6. Press power key to select.

7.Highlight yes and select

8.when the wipe cache partition is complete, reboot system now is hilighted select yes by using the power key to restart the device.

Hopefully this helps you resolve this issue. 

Highlighted
Asteroid

Hi 

Thank you for your help. I have done all that including a factory reset. Some issues were solved like predictive text came back however sometimes it disappears again. need to restart the phone to get it back.   I am at a loss as to how to fix it. I wish I never installed the update!  I have spoken to Samsung and they advised to talk it in store but I cannot now as all the stores have closed down due to COVID 19. 

even when i reset the phone and then tried to bring back my apps and contacts i lost data on some apps all data lost! 

Highlighted
Product Expert

hey good to know some were fixed and if there is still more to resolve i recommend sending a PM to a @samsungmoderator so they can furher assist you! 

Highlighted
Asteroid

I spoke to Samsung and they remote accessed my phone. Fixed the home button for me. Now the camera focus' when i press the 1 tree symbol (2xzoom) then turn of scene optimizer while in camera mode. it focuses for about 10 secs. so it is definitely a software issue may be related to Bixby. How do i send a pm? 

Highlighted
Asteroid

I'm having this issue as well on a Galaxy S9. My main camera, the one facing away from me, will not focus no matter what I do. I'll have to try the live mode maybe.

Highlighted
Asteroid

Ok So I spoke  to samsung. they said they need to do a flash reset. But due to iso no stores / workshops open and there is no way I am sending my phone in.  I also noticed that if i leave scene optimiser on and then tap on the screen where the 2 trees are and tap the 1 tree option and then tap the scene optimiser button to  the right of the trees i can force it to focus but only for a minute. hope that helps u