cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Samsung SMS Messages stock app

Wondering why messages from the same contact can't show up in the same conversation thread.These days, between actual numbers and sms notifications from apps, etc etc...I'd like to see the option of being able to have more consolidated and streamlined threads.Lol This drives my ocd nuts...What my brain wants one programmed contact = one message thread, regardless of number utilized.(And which number the system uses to call or message shouldn't be affected if you have something selected as the default for that contact. Or if you need to use a different number than your selected default; you can just pull up that contact.)Photo example of what I'm talking about below.(I utilized/created the categories solely to better demonstrate the repetitiveness of message threads within my example screenshots.)Does anyone know how to get it to NOT be separate threads?  Lol(Also, sidebar: How come the stock messages app isn't visible in the store?)

5 REPLIES 5
Highlighted

Re: Re: Samsung SMS Messages stock app

No, it's not duplicate contacts.
The messages are coming from different numbers (which all belong to the same programmed contact).
For example, like when apps & services utilize those different 5-digits code things to send out sms messages...
Or if someone has multiple phone numbers that they use....
Each number pops as its own message thread.
It does this for ALL my contacts that have more than one number that is utilized.
Highlighted
Astronaut

Re: Samsung SMS Messages stock app

I have the same issue. any solution out there?
Highlighted
Constellation

Yeah. I have that problem too, and would like it fixed. Simple bit of code. Plus, a thread merge utility would be very useful, for all the split history.

I just posted a variation of this problem. Message app starts a new thread for messages I massaged (using Excel) then uploaded to my new phone.

Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

We appreciate your feedback and will tag it on the forum so that it will appear with other feedback, ideas, and requests. This will allow your post to be more easily found in the event that Samsung product groups are seeking outside feedback/requests/ideas regarding our products. Thank you for being the best part of Samsung!

Highlighted

Lol well apparently Samsung decided to edit my post for whatever reason.
So, I'm sorry for the horrible presentation of my post. And that there's no spacing in between sentences, and that it's one big, huge run-on paragraph. Lol
Lol and now I can't edit it to make it more presentable.
Lol And no idea why they decided to put an emoji in there.