Original topic:

Samsung messages recipients limit in group text

(Topic created on: 2/8/20 9:14 AM)
P1Ralinovski
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S9

I have a unlocked s9 plus and I have few groups with more than 10 people in them I use the default mesages app,the problem is I can't send texts it is shows me that there is a limit of 10 recipients and I have to delete somebody from the group! I really don't want to use different messaging app because I'll lose some functionality.I tried with Google messages and it works so I think the problem is the Samsung messages app!

18 Replies
Cms1234
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S9

Same with galaxy S10. So irritating. I have 12 siblings and texting is our main mode of contact. At least I can receive them.

FloraJo
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S9
I have the Galaxy Note 20 and I have a problem with the limit of 10 recipients in a group text. I chatted with a representative from Samsung and all they said was that the limit is ten. I like the app because I could schedule text messages, however, I need more than the limit of 10.
TheGman
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S9
I have same problem. S10+
max is 10 recipients in the message app. Has this been resolved? Is there a parameter to increase the number of recipients somewhere in settings? if so, I haven't found it!!!
utepfootball
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S9
same issue. is there a fix yet.
utepfootball
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S9
still have same issue . anyone fix this yet
userohfsUoQh9y
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S9
I have a note 10 plus and use to be able to send 20 people at a time. But once my phone changed over to the tmobile network I was no longer able to send more than 10 at a time. I need help please.... does anybody know how to fix this problem
user4hffNh5jcG
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S9

My sister with her iPhone sends a group text to ELEVEN family members - I can't respond with my brand new S20 Ultra 5G.  Well done... Apple?  Here I am - with my Samsung - just trying to share in a congratulatory family moment without any family members feeling left out.  Shame. 

What kind of garbage is this?  The hardware is MORE than capable of executing what I need were it not for the fact that Samsung ACTIVELY prevents me from doing so.  I pay for SMS messages - that's between me and my provider.  Why should Samsung care?  Why DOES Samsung care?

ANYONE at Samsung care to RESPOND to this YEAR OLD THREAD?

user14PDhj1zIs
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S9
I am having the same issue, I have the note 20 ultra and I'm in a group chat for work that I can never respond to because there are way more than 10 recipients, it's very frustrating
KingAntt
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S9
any fix yet
0 Likes