JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Samsung notes keeps stopping after the Android 10 update

(Topic created: 03-13-2020 05:38 AM)
PrestonSnedeker
Astronaut
Options
Samsung Apps and Services

After the android 10 update, samsung notes just keeps crashing. I tried clearing the cashe, clearing the data, nothing. It happens when I create one. I'll type it out but the text won't appear. Then when I exit it crashes. I was just wondering if this is happening to other people, or it's just me. Thanks!

0 Likes

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
MrZell
Black Hole
Options

Have you already tried wiping the cache partition of your device?

Here are the steps: 

1.    Turn off the device.
2.    Press and hold the Volume Up key and the Bixby key, then press and hold the Power key.
3.    When the Android logo displays, release all three keys.
4.    An ‘Installing system update’ message will show for 30 – 60 seconds before the Android system recovery menu options appear.
5.    Press the Volume down key several times to highlight wipe cache partition.
6.    Press the Power key to select.
7.    Press the Volume down key to highlight yes, them and press the Power key to select.
8.    When the wipe cache partition is complete, Reboot system now is highlighted.
9.    Press the Power key to restart the device.

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

View solution in context

3 Replies
userHzIl01fqZP
Constellation
Options

Im having the same problem on galaxy s9. I really need my notes but the app keeps crashing so i cant do anything. 

Solution
MrZell
Black Hole
Options

Have you already tried wiping the cache partition of your device?

Here are the steps: 

1.    Turn off the device.
2.    Press and hold the Volume Up key and the Bixby key, then press and hold the Power key.
3.    When the Android logo displays, release all three keys.
4.    An ‘Installing system update’ message will show for 30 – 60 seconds before the Android system recovery menu options appear.
5.    Press the Volume down key several times to highlight wipe cache partition.
6.    Press the Power key to select.
7.    Press the Volume down key to highlight yes, them and press the Power key to select.
8.    When the wipe cache partition is complete, Reboot system now is highlighted.
9.    Press the Power key to restart the device.

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

PrestonSnedeker
Astronaut
Options

It's fixed! Thanks!

0 Likes