cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Comet

Samsung+ notification mystery

JUMP TO SOLUTION
I am now seeing the Samsung+ icon in my notification bar and on my AOD and lock screens. When I pull it down, there's a message reading "Samsung+ - Certain critical services are in progress." I can't dismiss the notification. Tapping on it just closes notifications and returns me to my home screen. I do not recall seeing this prior to the update to Pie/One UI. Is anyone else seeing this, and do you know what it means or how to get rid of it? This is on Galaxy S9 SM-G960U from Xfinity Mobile.

Dan
Galaxy S9 SM-G960U on Xfinity Mobile + Gear S2 Classic
1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Samsung Care Ambassador

Re: Samsung+ notification mystery

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I saw it prior to clearing the cache partition. 

7 REPLIES 7
Samsung Care Ambassador

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I saw it prior to clearing the cache partition. 

Comet

JUMP TO SOLUTION
Thanks for the tip. I cleared my cache partition. The notification disappeared. It still shows up occasionally but then disappears, consistent with some activity in progress that then clears. Hopefully it won't get stuck again.

Dan
Galaxy S9 SM-G960U on Xfinity Mobile + Gear S2 Classic
userDfOnyfbnv4
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Ok so my Samsung note 9 just did the same thing but what I did was go to the device help app and I clicked on the OS + apps and it did a quick scan and the notification went away... 

Samsung Care Ambassador

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I just swiped the notifications slightly until the gear icon appears. When tapping on the gear icon it will take you to where the notification is then toggle it off 

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@requa wrote:
I am now seeing the Samsung+ icon in my notification bar and on my AOD and lock screens. When I pull it down, there's a message reading "Samsung+ - Certain critical services are in progress." I can't dismiss the notification. Tapping on it just closes notifications and returns me to my home screen. I do not recall seeing this prior to the update to Pie/One UI. Is anyone else seeing this, and do you know what it means or how to get rid of it? This is on Galaxy S9 SM-G960U from Xfinity Mobile.

me.

tab s4.

mito
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@mitoo00OOO0oo have you tried wiping the cache partition?

JUMP TO SOLUTION

yes, I had performed a dalvik/cache wipe for another reason.   The notification still pops up right after samsung+ loads and vanishes after a few minutes.

The message appears to be benign in nature.  My intention is to know what it represents.     Could it be samsung+ optimizng the battery?

it happens on my tab s4 only, while the  notification never appears on a note 8 and tab s3.

mito