cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
RobXbalboa
Cosmic Ray

Re: Samsung's Update Fiasco

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Dood Samsung has pushed us every monthly security patch on time. 

The reason for the beta is to test the MANY functions this phone has through Samsung ONLY including Samsung pay with MST magnetic strip technology, (it actually sends the card magnetically like its the real card works on ALL swipe machines, no NFC reader needed and the ability to control samsung tvs, refrigerators etc. They have proprietary retina scanner etc

The pixel has NONE of this so yes they make sure they wpnt break your phone before they release the beta. Watch thus will be one of the 1st non google phones to be on PIE. Relax bruh 

Creepy02
Cosmic Ray

JUMP TO SOLUTION

K cool, your a fan boy...this post isn't for you...you can see your way out, thank you and good day!

Titan087
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

If it's that big of a deal why aren't you sideloading the leaked beta. 

usermydVrgAiFI
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

You have your panties up in a bunch over this beta yet you cant name 3 things that this beta will do that you can't do on Oreo.

Samsung Care Ambassador

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@Sdemeo02 wrote:

Supposedly the beta is now live in South korea. According to phonearena.com

Indeed, it is. However, be warned that a downgrade to oreo after updating to pie is possible with data loss/factory reset. Check sammobile.com for more information.

Theartiszan
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

What would are you living in? They were not delivering monthly security updates for TMobile and other variants.

uservxDKEjwH8s
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I'm in T-MOBILE. The first 3 months I got nothing. Now I get monthly to at most 2 updates per month. I'm waiting for the Beta right now also

Samsung Care Ambassador

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Until Samsung can command respect like Apple with the Carriers, nothing will change. It seems like Samsung does not have any clout at all.

Creepy02
Cosmic Ray

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Mkay, we will see won't we then...keep eyes out...Captain Happy here went and confirmed it for us.

@Sdemeo02 wrote:

Everyone relax, on the s8 last year the update went live 2pm eastern time. Chill out don't get your panties in a bunch!

Samsung Care Ambassador

JUMP TO SOLUTION

It can come anytime. Every year is different.  Soooooo. ..