Samsung s9 Android 10 Sprint/Verizon Network - Receiving/Sending Group Text Messages (MMS) over Wifi
04-23-202002:35 PM - edited 04-23-202002:41 PM
Samsung s9 Android 10 Sprint/Verizon Network - Receiving/Sending Group Text Messages (MMS) over Wifi Problem Resolved (sort of...)
- Before the Android 10 update, i would always send/receive Group Text Messages (MMS) over Wifi just fine.
- After the Android 10 update i could not receive/send Group Text Messages (MMS) UNLESS i turn on Mobile Data. Once i turned on Mobile Data, all the Group Text Messages (MMS) would download, but not over Wifi.
- The error message I get when sending a Group Text Message (MMS) over Wifi is "this message will send when Mobile Data is turn on".
- I went ahead and reset my Samsung s9 to factory settings, but this still did not resolve the issue.
- I saw the post about waiting for Samsung to release a patch, but I've already downloaded 2 patches and the Group Text Message (MMS) issue was still not resolved.
- My Samsung S9 was recently unlocked. Figure now would be a good time to switch from Sprint to Verizon (Research 4G coverage. My area is really bad with Sprint only 1 signal bar vs Verizon 3 signal bars).
- I just received my Verizon Sim Card and after installing the Verizon Sim Card I tested talk/txt/data to make sure everything was working.
- Made a couple phone calls, viewed a couple youtube videos on data and finally tried texting. No error messsage when sending Group Text Messages (MMS) over Wifi. !?!?
- I can receive/send regular text messages fine as well as Group Text Messages (MMS) on the Verizon Sim Card/Network.
- if anyone is still having problems, see if a friend or family member can let you try swapping to another carrier's sim card (if your phone is unlocked). Verizon seem to work for me. If you are stuck with your carrier, just turn on mobile data to receive the Group Text Messages (MMS) until the CARRIER (not Samsung) fixes the problem.